A scene service is an ArcGIS Server web service originating from a 3D scene in ArcGIS Pro. Scene services (also known as web scene layers) allow you to share 3D content via web scenes to your ArcGIS Enterprise organization.
- 3D data
- Add multipatch, point, or building data to a scene in ArcGIS Pro and publish. When you publish multipatch or point data from ArcGIS Pro to a 10.8 or earlier release ArcGIS Enterprise portal, a scene layer and a related feature layer are created in your portal. Beginning with 10.8.1 and ArcGIS Pro 2.6, publishing building data to a scene also creates a related feature layer.
- Add LAS data to a scene in ArcGIS Pro and publish. When you publish LAS data from ArcGIS Pro, only a scene layer is created in your portal. If you publish building data to a 10.8 or earlier ArcGIS Enterprise portal, only a scene layer is created.
- Create a scene layer package (.slpk), add it to your portal, and publish. When you publish a scene layer package, only a scene layer is created in your portal.
To make authenticated requests you need to use one of the following:
- API key: A permanent token that grants your application access to ready-to-use services and, with an ArcGIS Developer account, private content.
- ArcGIS Identity: A temporary token that gives your application access to the private content and services authorized to an existing ArcGIS user's account.
- Application credential: A temporary token generated via OAuth 2.0 that can authorize access to ready-to-use services. See usage restrictions.
Learn more about getting access tokens in Security and authentication.