.NET simple REST SOE with properties
This sample illustrates how to develop a REST server object extension (SOE) with properties and a custom property page for ArcGIS Server Manager. These properties appear in ArcGIS Server Manager and can be changed by the server administrator.
Deploying the SOE from the .soe file (
..\bin\Release\NetSimpleRESTSOEWithProperties11x_ent.soe) does not require you to open Visual Studio. However, you can load the project (
..\NetRESTSOEProperties.csproj) in Visual Studio to debug, modify, and recompile the SOE code.
- SOE properties
- Custom property page
Any dynamic map service published from ArcGIS Pro. This instruction uses the USA map service as the sample service to test with the SOE.
- Log in to ArcGIS Server Manager and click the Site tab.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Add Extension.
- Click Choose File and choose the NetSimpleRESTSOEWithProperties11x_ent.soe file (
- Click Add.
- Make sure you have published the USA map service using ArcGIS Pro. If not, refer to USA map service
- Log in to ArcGIS Server Manager and click the Services tab. Select USA map service and select Capabilities.
- In the list of available capabilities, find .Net Simple REST SOE with Properties and check the box to enable it.
Make sure the SOE is selected. Notice four properties appear in the Properties section.
- Click the Save and Restart button to restart the service.
- Open a browser and navigate to the REST services endpoint of the USA map service (URL:
Scroll to the bottom of the above page. Click NetSimpleRESTSOEWithProperties11x in Supported Extensions.
This leads to the following URL:
This SOE root resource page displays the SOE's name, description, and its child resources.
Click the properties sub-resource and it returns the name and value of the four properties.
Navigate back to the service's Capabilities page in ArcGIS Server Manager again.
Modify the values of the properties and click the Save and Restart button to restart the service.
Repeat step 3 and you will notice the updated property values are returned.