Java apply watermark SOI
This sample illustrates how to apply a watermark to every image returned from the Export Map operation on a map service.
Deploying the SOI from the .soe file (
../ApplyWatermarkSOI/target/ApplyWatermarkSOI.soe) does not require you to open a Java IDE. However, you can open the project (
../ApplyWatermarkSOI) in a Java IDE, such as Eclipse or IntelliJ, to debug, modify, and recompile the SOI project.
- Postprocess REST response
Any dynamic map service published from ArcGIS Pro. This instruction uses the USA map service as the sample service to test with the SOI.
- Log in to ArcGIS Server Manager and click the Site tab.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Add Extension.
- Click Choose File and choose the ApplyWatermarkSOI.soe file (
- Click Add.
- Make sure you have published the USA map service using ArcGIS Pro. If not, refer to USA map service
- Log in to ArcGIS Server Manager and click the Services tab. Select USA map service and select Capabilities.
In the Interceptors section, select Watermark SOI in the Available Interceptors box and click the right arrow button to move it to Enabled Interceptors.
- Click the Save and Restart button to restart the service.
- Open a browser and navigate to the REST services endpoint of the USA map service (URL:
Scroll to the bottom of the above page and click Export Map in Supported Extensions.
This leads you to the following URL:
The watermark © ESRI Inc. will appear in the middle of the exported image.