Creating mobile applications for iOS and Android is easy with Adobe Flash Builder 4.5.1 or later. Esri has supported Flex mobile applications since the release of the 2.4 ArcGIS API for Flex. Use version 3.0 or later of the ArcGIS API for Flex for best experience (which requires SDK version 4.6.0 or later). For more information about delivering native experiences on mobile devices using Flex, see the Adobe Mobile FAQ.
Note: if you are using certain mx components, you will need to include the mx.swc among the project libraries. You might also want to include sparkskins.swc.
Getting Started with Mobile Samples
The ArcGIS for Flex API samples can be accessed at GitHub in addition to the online Resource Center. These samples include a few Flex Mobile-specific projects. To get started with Flex mobile applications, see Mobile applications with Flex .
- Open Adobe Flash Builder, choose File > Import Flash Builder Project.
- Select Project folder, click Browse, and navigate to the downloaded project folder.
- Add the API Library to the project through Project > Properties > Flex Build Path > Library Path > Add SWC and locate the API library file.
- Add the following libraries to the build library path:
- Run the application using a simulator or on a physical device. Using the Run Configurations (Run > Run Configuration) you can add a Mobile application and define the Launch Method as appropriate.