In this topic
This guide describes how to build iOS applications that incorporate capabilities such as mapping, geocoding, routing, geoprocessing, and other spatial analytics provided by ArcGIS Online or your own on-premises ArcGIS servers. A great place to start is to install and set up and learn about the SDK by stepping through the first tutorial, Add a map to your app. For what's new in this release, see Release notes.
With ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS, you can do the following:
- Display web maps that have been authored with ArcGIS Online or your own on-premises ArcGIS portal.
- Mashup map services from ArcGIS Online or your own on-premises ArcGIS server to create unique maps. Display maps in any projection.
- Search for features in a map using SQL queries or spatial criteria,
- Display map details through informational pop-ups on features.
- Collect locations by sketching on the map or using the GPS sensor of the device.
- Perform spatial analysis through geoprocessing tasks and services.
- Match addresses to locations (geocode) and locations to addresses (reverse-geocode).
- Calculate drive times and multistop routes with driving directions.
- Perform geometric operations and compute spatial relationships between features.
- Use your map data offline.
- Download basemap tiles.
- Edit feature data offline.
- Synchronize local edits with the server.
- Perform blazing fast searches for addresses and routes.
What you get
This guide is part of an SDK that includes the following:
- A modern, high-performance, Objective-C and Swift mapping API.
- API reference providing detailed information on every exposed class, method, and property.
- This developer guide, including getting started information such as system requirements, install and set up , and configuring your Xcode project.
- Tutorials describing how to build mapping apps. A great place to start is the Add a map to your app tutorial.
- Samples on our github repo. Fork the repo, make enhancements, submit pull requests, and log issues for things you would like improved.
- Forum for a community-driven Q&A.