Get hands-on with version 100.2.1 of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS, by using the Swift code samples, which illustrate the mapping and GIS capabilities you can add to your own iOS applications.
You have some choices for getting started with sample code, described on this page:
- The samples in the sample viewer
- Samples in GitHub
- iOS Toolkit
- The code samples here, on this SDK website
Samples in the sample viewer
Download and interact with our live samples on your device using our sample viewer app. Install as follows:
- Go to the App Store on your iOS device.
- Search for "ArcGIS samples".
- Install the app called "ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS Samples" written by ESRI. It's free.
- Run the app, choose a category of samples (e.g. MAPS) and select one from the list.
Samples in GitHub
Samples for ArcGIS iOS SDK are available in GitHub. With a GitHub account, you can:
- Keep a local repository of the samples and sync whenever you see that updates have been made.
- Subscribe to the repo and get notified of updates (merges to master) or you can check the repo for updates at your convenience.
- Subscribe to activity at the issue level.
- (Our favorite!) Suggest changes via pull requests and the ArcGIS iOS team will merge the changes they like after a full review and test phase.
New to GitHub?
GitHub is a web-based hosting service for software development projects that uses an open source revision control system called Git. For an introduction to Git and how it compares with other version control systems, see Git basics. To learn how to interact with Git repositories with GitHub and to sign up for a free account, visit github.com.
Simplify your app development with these iOS Toolkit components that provide common functionality.
The code samples here
To use the samples on this page (on this SDK website), select a category on the left and click a sample title to view or copy the full sample's code or to view the sample's description.