System requirements for 100.15
This page lists system requirements for the 100.15 release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS. System requirements for recent previous releases are linked to from the bottom of this page. For older system requirements, see past guide versions in PDF format on the downloads page (requires sign-in).
To develop apps with this release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for iOS, you need an Intel or Apple silicon based Mac computer running an operating system listed below:
- macOS Monterey 12.0
- macOS Big Sur 11.0
You can use any version of Xcode 13 and iOS 15 SDK, or Xcode 14 and iOS 16 SDK. It is recommended that you use the latest version of Xcode to ensure that you have Apple's latest bug fixes, language support, and enhancements to both the Xcode and the iOS SDKs.
Although Apple's iOS SDK contains simulators to conveniently run and debug iOS applications on your Mac, it is recommended that you test your applications on actual devices to ensure they work and perform as expected. Testing on the simulator alone does not provide a good measure of how the application performs on the physical device.
You can use either Objective-C or Swift programming language to develop your apps.
Your apps can be deployed to a wide variety of iPhone and iPad devices, running any of the following versions of iOS or iPadOS:
- iOS/iPadOS 16
- iOS/iPadOS 15
- iOS/iPadOS 14
Use this table to determine the lowest Version of the ArcGIS software that supports a specific ArcGIS Runtime function.
|ArcGIS Software||Version||Functionality supported by ArcGIS Runtime|
Standards supported in this release include the following:
- Open Geospatial Consortium (OGC) standards:
- Web Map Service (WMS) versions 1.1.0, 1.1.1, and 1.3.0
- Web Map Tiled Service (WMTS) version 1.0.0
- Web Feature Service (WFS) versions 2.0.0 and 2.0.2
- API Features Part 1, Part 2, and Part 3
- GeoPackage versions 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2
- KML 2.2
- Military symbology standards:
- NATO APP-6(B) and APP-6(D)
- United States MIL-STD-2525B (change 2), MIL-STD-2525C, and MIL-STD-2525D
- International Hydrographic Organization (IHO) standards:
- S-52 (Specifications for Chart Content and Display Aspects of ECDIS)
- S-57 (Transfer Standard for Digital Hydrographic Data)
|Indexed 3D Scene Layer (I3S)||Esri I3S versions||OGC I3S versions|
|3D Object Scene Layer||1.6, 1.7, 1.8||1.0, 1.1, 1.2|
|Integrated Mesh Scene Layer||1.6, 1.7, 1.8||1.0, 1.1, 1.2|
|Point Cloud Scene Layer||1.6, 2.0||1.1, 1.2|
|Point Scene Layer||1.6||1.0|
|Building Scene Layer||Not supported||Not supported|
|Voxel Scene Layer||Not supported||Not supported|