Release notes for 100.3.0
This section describes new features and improvements.
As part of the improved support for 3D Web GIS capabilities of the ArcGIS Platform, you can now display web scenes from ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise in your ArcGIS Runtime based apps. Web scenes can be quickly authored by apps such as ArcGIS Pro and Scene Viewer and then easily consumed by your apps, respecting the content, symbology, pop-ups and other settings that the author configured in the web scene. For more information about Runtime support for web scenes, see Runtime support for web scenes.
In addition, 3D content originating from scene layers can now be identified and selected, and their display can be customized through renderers in the web scene. And feature layers can be displayed with 3D symbols originating from web styles in ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise.
- Interactive distance measuring is now supported in 3D. You can measure horizontal, vertical, and direct distances between two locations in a scene view.
- Viewshed analysis has been enhanced to support full 360 degrees horizontal field of view. Previously, only a maximum of 120 degrees was supported.
Arcade expressions are now supported:
- In pop-ups for layer types (for example, feature layers) that support pop-ups. They're defined using the expression property on a pop-up definition.
- In label definitions for feature layers and graphic overlays. They're defined in JSON using the expression property on the labelExpressionInfo object.
- In visual variables within renderers defined for feature layers in web maps and mobile map packages. Feature layers must be rendered in static mode to honor visual variables in renderers.
See this SDK's API reference for details on using Arcade. For general information on Arcade and Arcade's function reference, see the ArcGIS Arcade guide.
WMS support has been enhanced:
- WMS layers are now time aware and support filtering their contents based on a time range or time instant.
- You can discover available styles in the service and set the style of a layer to customize its display.
- You can now specify custom parameters to be sent to the service. This is useful, for instance, if the service requires custom authorization parameters in the HTTP requests.
- WMS layers now automatically display attribution information of the service in a map view or scene view .
Improvements have been made to provide finer control over label placement. These refinements allow for a more consistent display of labels when using mobile map packages (
.mmpk files) generated from ArcGIS Pro. You can now do the following:
- Allow overlap of a label with other features or labels based on weights to assign relative importance and define priorities when there is a conflict
- Specify an offset distance of a label from the symbol based on screen units.
- Stack multiple lines of text with custom line separators and choose whether line break should occur before or after the separator, whether the separator should be visible, etc. Previously, only whitespace characters were considered for inserting line breaks.
You can now query sublayers and tables from a map image layer in the same way you query feature layers. The query can be based on attributes and/or spatial relationships and can also be used to return summary statistics or related features. Also, a new method has been added to conveniently load all the sublayers and tables contained in the layer so that their data can be accessed.
Support for App-6(B) and App-6(D) military symbology specifications has been added. You can use the corresponding style files to display symbols based on these standards in your ArcGIS Runtime apps.
This release is a significant upgrade to the ArcGIS Runtime Local Server SDK. New in this release is support for map and geoprocessing packages authored with ArcGIS Pro. This allows you to take advantage of the new ArcGIS Pro based mapping features such as Arcade label expressions (the new label expression format across the ArcGIS platform), or new geoprocessing features such as support for Python 3.4.x and new tools. The Local Server has also been updated for compatibility with map and geoprocessing packages created in ArcMap 10.6.x.
In most cases, your map and geoprocessing packages will continue to work with the new Local Server without requiring you to make any changes. After you have updated to use the latest Local Server, however, you should test all related functionality in your application to ensure the local services work as expected. Occasionally, an ArcGIS release introduces changes to geoprocessing tools that require you to re-package with the equivalent compatible release of ArcMap. You can find such changes in the ArcMap tool reference documentation, under each toolbox section in a history topic. For example ArcMap 3D Analyst toolbox history.
To migrate your geoprocessing packages from ArcMap to ArcGIS Pro you must re-run your model or script within ArcGIS Pro and run the Package Result geoprocessing tool with the ArcGIS Runtime option enabled. In some cases your models or scripts may require modifications to ensure they continue to run successfully in ArcGIS Pro and can be packaged for use with the Local Server. This may be required because:
- Tools previously available in ArcMap may have been deprecated and are no longer available or recommended in ArcGIS Pro.
- Tools in ArcGIS Pro may have different or additional parameters compared to the same tool in ArcMap.
To determine if your model or script will require modification see the Analyze custom geoprocessing tools for ArcGIS Pro topic. Additionally, in the ArcGIS Pro tool reference documentation, each toolbox section contains a history topic that details any changes to geoprocessing tools over the lifetime of that tool.
Support for Ubuntu 14.04 is deprecated. A minimum of Ubuntu 16.04 will be required at a future release.
Support for Java 8 is deprecated. A minimum of Java 11 will be required at a future release.
Support for macOS 10.12 (Sierra) is deprecated. A minimum of macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) will be required at a future release.
The following list shows deprecations in the API and the replacement API:
BUG-000112740 The first feature added to an empty shapefile does not display until a second feature is drawn.
BUG-000114262 An error may occur in EncExchangeSet::getPaths resulting in inability to load EncLayer
BUG-000110150 Application with a universal transverse Mercator (UTM) spatial reference may crash when the MapView is centered on a location outside the full extent of all layers
BUG-000109558 Opening a mobile map package fails with the error, "Internal Error" when the map in the mobile map package contains German umlauts in the map name.
BUG-000114330 When WMTS services have a reverse order for tile matrices, the layer requests incorrect tiles from the service resulting in 404-Not Found error and layer not added to map.
ENH-000107768 Request to add Runtime API to load a Web Scene PortalItem to Scene
BUG-000111237 Application may crash when zooming into a viewpoint with very small geometry.
BUG-000109728 OfflineMapSyncTask doesn't update the feature service in the webmap if the spatial reference of the feature service isn't Web Mercator.
BUG-000111867 CompositeSymbol doesn't display properly when it is applied to a Graphic with a Geometry of Envelope
BUG-000112435 Vector tiled layer constructed from a vector tile package (.vtpk) containing very large sprites crashes the Runtime application on the machine with a high screen display resolution
BUG-000112114 "Out of Range" error is received while calculating a route when multi-part polylines are present in the source feature classes of the network dataset
ENH-000108221 Request to add MapServer/DynamicLayer support for FeatureLayer or ServiceFeatureTable
BUG-000106101 Vector tiles may fail to display some Chinese characters.
BUG-000109215 Symbology layer effects in Mobile Map Package are not rendered correctly.
BUG-000114411 Elevation exaggeration of Surface does not give expected results when the image service has a negative elevation
BUG-000112713 Faulty display of military symbols in 3D
BUG-000111565 Lines created on the GraphicsOverlay with "Dynamic" Rendering mode on 3D doesn't render completely when zooming in
BUG-000113632 Feature collection points continue to draw although they do not satisfy the definition expression.
BUG-000097812 The OverviewMap component in the toolkit returns an error when projecting if the SpatialReference defined for the service and the map is different.
BUG-000094795 The CQL_FILTER parameter applied as a query string to a Web Map Service (WMS) layer URL is removed by the Runtime
- BUG-000099242 Japanese labels in a mobile map package are not displayed
- BUG-000113630 Application may crash when loading VectorTileLayers that require large amount of memory
- BUG-000101144 Rotating a vector tile map causes the screen to flash.
- BUG-000110656 Gradient fill symbols are displayed as black BUG-000113946 Performance issue of MapView.IdentifyLayerAsync method
- BUG-000109949 Locator Task from a Mobile Map Package may return suggestions even for invalid addresses.
- BUG-000109987 Labels generated by python in a map package (.mpk) may not display correctly
- BUG-000109554 Aplication may encounter an error when trying to display a tile package (.tpk) containing only one Level of Detail.
- BUG-000108845 Mosaic Dataset doesn't display NoData pixels properly
- BUG-000111375 Locator created from ArcMap 10.5 does not provide 'Match_addr' or 'Label' even if the score is 100.
- BUG-000107292 Setting the opacity of a FeatureLayer displayed in a SceneView causes the layer to turn white and opaque.
- BUG-000104032 Collada models are not rendered correctly with ModelMarkerSymbol.
- BUG-000107500 Layer in a Mobile map package based on a unique value renderer may not render correctly
- BUG-000103301 Some military line symbols do not display in the correct location
- BUG-000111519 Without elevation source the SceneView::screenToLocation function provides invalid "z" values
- BUG-000113128 UniqueValueRenderer fails to draw features when using values of type unsigned int
- BUG-000114143 Military symbols fail to display correctly when resizing the symbols in a unique value renderer
- BUG-000114174 Some mil2525c symbols fail to render properly
- BUG-000101500 Java Sample Viewer crashes after changing the basemap of a sample multiple times.
The following tools are not currently supported for use in geoprocessing packages created with ArcGIS Pro but were previously supported with ArcMap:
- Create Domain
- Spatial Join
- Contour (3D Analyst)
- Contour (Spatial Analyst)
The following tools require ArcGIS Runtime Advanced level license but will incorrectly report requiring Standard license when packaging in ArcMap or ArcGIS Pro:
Make Mosaic Layer
Create Mosaic Dataset
Create Referenced Mosaic Dataset(ArcMap only)
Export Mosaic Dataset Paths
Export Mosaic Dataset Items
Analyze Mosaic Dataset(ArcMap only)
Save To Layer Filetool is not currently supported when included in geoprocessing packages created with ArcGIS Pro 2.1.x.
- Workaround: Use ArcGIS Pro version 2.2.x, if available, to create a geoprocessing package that includes this tool.
Create Mobile Map Packagetool fails to execute successfully when including a locator.
- Workaround: Exclude locators from the map package.
Package Locatortool is not currently supported on Linux.
Certain geoprocessing tools fail if the Local Server Environment
TempPathproperty is not explicitly set (using default value).
- Workaround: It is recommended that applications always set the
TempPathproperty to a location near the root of the drive.
- Workaround: It is recommended that applications always set the
Certain geoprocessing tools will fail after returning the message
Distributing operation across parallel instances on the specified hits: .
- Workaround: Set the
Parallel Processing Factorenvironment value to
0when running the model in ArcGIS Pro before packaging for use with ArcGIS Runtime. For more information see Parallel processing factor.
- Workaround: Set the
GeoprocessingFeatures.canFetchOutputFeaturesmay incorrectly report