- Install and set up the API
- Get an API key (access services)
- Start the Display a map (2D) tutorial
1. Install and set up
<link rel="stylesheet" href="https://js.arcgis.com/4.26/esri/themes/light/main.css"> <script src="https://js.arcgis.com/4.26/"></script>
2. Get an API key
API keys are required to access ArcGIS services, such as basemaps, geocoding, and routing. Visit your dashboard and copy your default API key, or set custom scopes and referrers for your specific needs. Include your API key in the tutorials and samples when required in the instructions. You can use a global API key, as well as more fine-grained API keys on specific classes.
- Log in to your dashboard.
- Copy your default API key, or generate a new one.