Supported operating systems for development
Macintosh running macOS High Sierra (10.13) or macOS Sierra (10.12) is required.
Software requirements for development
To develop apps with this release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for macOS you can use any version of Xcode 9 and macOS 10.13 SDK. You can use Objective-C or Swift to develop your apps. We recommend that you use the latest version of Xcode to ensure that you have Apple's latest bug fixes, language support, and enhancements to both Xcode. Note that:
- Xcode comes prebundled with Apple's Mac SDK, an SDK that contains documentation, frameworks, and tools to help you develop Mac applications.
- You must register as an Apple developer in the Mac Developer Program to access the Apple programming guides, samples, videos, forums, downloads, and more.
Requirements for ArcGIS software and connected services
To use ArcGIS Server data or services in your app, use ArcGIS Server version 10.2 (or higher). To use ArcGIS Server data when your app is offline, use ArcGIS Server version 10.2.2 (or higher).
To create mobile map packages for use in your ArcGIS Runtime SDK apps, use ArcGIS Pro version 1.3 (or higher).
ArcGIS Desktop version 10.3 (or higher) is required if you're using the Create Runtime Content capability. You can createArcGIS Runtime SDK content in ArcMap's user interface or with the Create Runtime Content geoprocessing tool.
ArcGIS Runtime SDK works with ArcGIS Enterprise version 10.2 (or higher) portals. However, when your app uses web maps, it must use web maps built with the 2.0 (or higher) version of the web map specification, which come from Enterprise version 10.2 (or higher) portals. When you save a web map from an app, you are saving a web map that adheres to version 2.9 of the web map specification. These should only be saved back to portals that support the 2.0 web map specification.
Versions of supported specifications
Specifications supported at 100.2.1 include the following.
- GeoPackage versions 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2
- Military standards: MIL-STD-2525D, MIL-STD-2525C, and MIL-STD-2525B (change 2)
- Web Map Service (WMS) versions 1.1.0, 1.1.1, and 1.3.0
- WMTS version 1.0.0
Machine requirements for deployment
Applications built with this release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for macOS can be deployed to machines running any version of macOS High Sierra (10.13) or macOS Sierra (10.12).
Note:Beta and GM versions of macOS are generally not supported unless otherwise noted.
- 2 GHz or faster processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 30 MB of available hard disk space
- 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution