Supported operating systems for development
Mac computer running macOS Mojave (10.14) or macOS High Sierra (10.13) is required.
Software requirements for development
To develop apps with this release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for macOS you can use any version of Xcode 10 and macOS 10.14 SDK. You can use Objective-C or Swift to develop your apps. We recommend that you use the latest version of Xcode to ensure that you have Apple's latest bug fixes, language support, and enhancements to both Xcode. Note that:
- Xcode comes prebundled with Apple's Mac SDK, an SDK that contains documentation, frameworks, and tools to help you develop Mac applications.
- You must register as an Apple developer in the Mac Developer Program to access the Apple programming guides, samples, videos, forums, downloads, and more.
Requirements for ArcGIS software and connected services
To use ArcGIS Server data or services in your app, use ArcGIS Server version 10.2 (or higher). To use ArcGIS Server data when your app is offline, use ArcGIS Server version 10.2.2 (or higher).
To create mobile map packages for use in your ArcGIS Runtime SDK apps, use ArcGIS Pro version 1.3 (or higher).
To create mobile scene packages for use in your ArcGIS Runtime SDK apps, use ArcGIS Pro version 2.3 (or higher).
To create annotation layers for use in your ArcGIS Runtime SDK apps, use ArcGIS Pro version 2.3 (or higher). Annotation layers can be published to mobile map packages or to a service that uses ArcGIS Enterprise version 10.7 (or higher).
ArcGIS Desktop version 10.3 (or higher) is required if you're using the Create Runtime Content capability. You can create ArcGIS Runtime SDK content in ArcMap's user interface or with the Create Runtime Content geoprocessing tool.
ArcGIS Runtime SDK works with ArcGIS Enterprise version 10.2 (or higher) portals. However, when your app uses web maps, it must use web maps built with the 2.0 (or higher) version of the web map specification, which come from Enterprise version 10.2 (or higher) portals. When you save a web map from an app, you are saving a web map that adheres to version 2.9 of the web map specification. These should only be saved back to portals that support the 2.0 web map specification.
Versions of supported specifications
Specifications supported at 100.5.0 include the following.
- GeoPackage versions 1.0, 1.1, and 1.2
- Military standards: APP-6(B), APP-6(D), MIL-STD-2525B (change 2), MIL-STD-2525C, and MIL-STD-2525D
- Web Feature Service (WFS) versions: 2.0.0 and 2.0.2
- Web Map Service (WMS) versions 1.1.0, 1.1.1, and 1.3.0
- WMTS version 1.0.0
Machine requirements for deployment
Applications built with this release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for macOS can be deployed to machines running any version of macOS Mojave (10.14) or macOS High Sierra (10.13).
Note:Beta and GM versions of macOS are generally not supported unless otherwise noted.
- 2 GHz or faster processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 30 MB of available hard disk space
- 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution
You can view system requirements for past SDK releases by downloading past guide versions in PDF format from the downloads page (requires sign-in).