Supported operating systems for development
Macintosh running macOS Sierra (10.12) or macOS El Capitan (10.11) is required.
Software requirements for development
To develop apps with this release of the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for macOS you can use any version of Xcode 8 and macOS 10.12 SDK. You can use Objective-C or Swift (2.3 or above) to develop your apps. We recommend that you use the latest version of Xcode to ensure that you have Apple's latest bug fixes, language support, and enhancements to both Xcode. Note that:
- Xcode comes prebundled with Apple's Mac SDK, an SDK that contains documentation, frameworks, and tools to help you develop Mac applications.
- You must register as an Apple developer in the Mac Developer Program to access the Apple programming guides, samples, videos, forums, downloads, and more.
ArcGIS for Server or Portal
To connect your app to ArcGIS for Server data or services, use ArcGIS for Server version 10.1 or later. To use ArcGIS for Server data when your app is offline, use ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2 or later.
You can use ArcGIS for Portal version 10.2 or later with your Runtime apps.
ArcGIS Pro 1.3 or higher is required if you're using mobile map packages and tile packages.
Machine requirements for deployment
Applications built with this release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for macOS can be deployed to machines running any version of macOS Sierra (10.12) or macOS El Capitan (10.11).
Note:Beta and GM versions of macOS are generally not supported unless otherwise noted.
- 2 GHz or faster processor
- 2 GB of RAM
- 30 MB of available hard disk space
- 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution