Install the SDK
In this topic
The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET contains APIs for developing for Windows Desktop, Windows Store, and Windows Phone. Any or all of the three APIs can be installed when running the SDK setup.
Download the SDK
Install the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET
The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET setup can install any of the three .NET APIs you want to use (Windows Desktop, Windows Store, and Windows Phone).
All three APIs install when running the default setup if the system requirements for each are met. If you don't have the option to install one of the APIs, check your development machine to ensure it meets the system requirements for that API.
- Double-click the setup file (downloaded previously) to start the setup.
- Click Next in the welcome screen.
- If you accept the license agreement, click the I accept the license agreement option and click Next.
- In the Select Features panel, choose each API you want to install.
- Click Change if you want to install to a location other than the default.
- Click Next.
- Finally, click Install in the last panel of the wizard to begin the installation.
The installation takes a few moments to copy and register the required files.
Once your ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET successfully installs, you are ready to start programming with the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET.
What you get
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET contains everything you need to develop ArcGIS Runtime apps.
- Libraries—.NET assemblies and controls.
- Visual Studio project and page templates—to give you a head start on your app development.
- Online documentation—SDK Guide and API Reference doc for all three ArcGIS Runtime for .NET APIs, that is, Windows Desktop API, Windows Store API, and the Windows Phone API.
- Code samples—Visual Studio sample projects available on GitHub. See the code samples page for more information.
- Toolkit—Addtional controls to enhance your ArcGIS Runtime applications. Follow the instructions in the Install the toolkit topic to add the toolkit to your Visual Studio projects.
You are ready to begin developing ArcGIS applications using the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET. Here are a few ways you can get started: