The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET Toolkit is an open source project available on GitHub that provides additional controls and utilities that you may find useful when creating ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET apps. To use the toolkit, download the source code from GitHub and build it locally, or install it in your Visual Studio project from a NuGet package.
The toolkit is not required for building ArcGIS Runtime apps. It contains additional controls and utilities that facilitate implementing some functionality in your app. The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET Toolkit GitHub repository describes the features of the toolkit.
The easiest way to use the toolkit in your project is to install ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET Toolkit NuGet Package using the Visual Studio NuGet Package Manager.
- Right-click your project node in the Visual Studio Solution Explorer window
- Choose Manage NuGet Packages from the context menu
- In the dialog box, search for ArcGIS Runtime.
- Click Install in the listing for ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET - Toolkit to add the package to your project.
If you want to download the source code for the toolkit and include it in your project, follow these steps to get the toolkit solution from GitHub.
- Clone the ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET Toolkit GitHub repository to your desktop or download the ZIP file.
- Open the Esri.ArcGISRuntime.Toolkit.sln solution in Visual Studio.
- Build the solution for the platform and configuration you need.
- In the project for your app, add a reference to the toolkit by browsing to the output assembly created by the build.
See the README.md file for the arcgis-toolkit-dotnet repository for a description of toolkit features and additional information.