Version 10.2.7 of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET contains APIs to develop for Windows Desktop, Windows Store, and Windows Phone. Each API has specific system requirements for your development machine as well as for the machines and devices to which you will deploy your app.
Requirements for app development
The requirements for the machine on which you develop your Windows Store apps are listed here.
- Windows 10 Home, Professional, Enterprise, and Educational (32 bit and 64 bit [EM64T])
- Windows 8.1 Basic, Professional, and Enterprise (32 bit and 64 bit [EM64T])
* - Deployment to Windows 8.1 only
- Visual Studio 2015 (all editions)
- Visual Studio Express 2015 for Windows
- Visual Studio 2013 (all editions)
- Visual Studio Express 2013 for Windows
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET uses DirectX to provide high-performance map rendering. DirectX provides support for hardware and software rendering of graphics, and is provided by the supported Windows platforms.
- Direct3D feature level 9_3
- Default: DirectX 11 hardware support
- Falls back to DirectX 11 software rendering if hardware support is not available
Requirements for deployment targets
The requirements for the target machine or device to which you deploy your Windows Store apps are listed here.
- Windows 8.1
ArcGIS for Server and ArcGIS for Portal
To connect your app to ArcGIS for Server data or services, use ArcGIS for Server version 10.0 or later. To use ArcGIS for Server data when your app is offline, use ArcGIS for Server 10.2.2 or later.
You can use ArcGIS for Portal version 10.2 or later with your Runtime apps.