Test if the geometry is topologically simple.
public static bool IsSimple(this Geometry geometry)
The geometry object.
MapPoint geometry is always simple.
Multipoint geometries cannot have any points with exactly equal x and y. The tolerance is not taken into account.
Polyline geometries cannot have degenerate segments. When the polyline has no z, the degenerate segments are those that have a length in the xy plane less than or equal to the tolerance. When the polyline has z, the degenerate segments are those that are shorter than the tolerance in the xy plane, and the change in the z-value along the segment is less than or equal to the z-tolerance.
Polygon geometries are considered simple if the following is
- Exterior rings are clockwise, and interior rings (holes) are counterclockwise.
- Rings can touch other rings in a finite number of points.
- Rings can be self-tangent in a finite number of points.
- No segment length is zero.
- Each path contains at least three non-equal vertices.
- No empty paths are allowed.
- Order of rings does not matter.
Supports true curves.
Platforms and versions
|.NET Standard 2.0||100.3 - 200.3|
|.NET||100.13 - 200.3|
|.NET Windows||100.13 - 200.3|
|.NET Android||200.0 - 200.3|
|.NET iOS||200.0 - 200.3|
|.NET Framework||100.0 - 200.3|
|Xamarin.Android||100.0 - 100.15|
|Xamarin.iOS||100.0 - 100.15|
|UWP||100.0 - 200.3|