ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET contains APIs to develop apps for Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF), Universal Windows Platform (UWP), Xamarin.Android, Xamarin.iOS and Xamarin.Forms (cross-platform projects for Android, iOS and UWP). Each API has specific system requirements for your development machine as well as for the machines and devices to which you will deploy your app.
The following table gives an overview of supported development configurations for each ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET platform.
|Windows 7 SP1||Windows 8.1||Windows 10||macOS|
Visual Studio for Mac
Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF)
Universal Windows Platform (UWP)
Android, * iOS
Android, * iOS, UWP
Requirements for app development
The requirements for the machine on which you develop your UWP apps.
Supported operating systems
The Windows 10 SDK works best on the Windows 10 operating system.
- Windows 10 Version 1607 (OS build 14393). Latest version is recommended.
Testing and debugging applications built with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET requires installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3.
- Visual Studio 2017
- Visual Studio 2015 Update 3
- Visual Studio Express 2015 for Windows 10 Update 3
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET uses DirectX to provide high-performance rendering of maps and scenes.
- Direct3D feature level 9_3 minimum.
- Default: DirectX 11 hardware support.
- Falls back to DirectX 11 software rendering if hardware support is not available.
Requirements for deployment targets
The requirements for the target machine or device to which you deploy your UWP apps.
Supported operating systems
- Windows 10 Version 1607 minimum. Latest version is recommended.
- Windows 10 Mobile Version 1607 minimum. Latest version is recommended.
Deployment of applications built with ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET requires installation of Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3.
ArcGIS platform products
- Portal for ArcGIS: To work with Portal for ArcGIS use version 10.2 or later.
- Web maps built with the 2.0 or higher version of the web map specification are required (from Portal for ArcGIS 10.3 and above). Note: When you save a web map in an ArcGIS Runtime app, you are saving a web map that adheres to version 2.9 of the web map specification. These should only be saved back to a portal that supports the 2.0 web map specification (Portal for ArcGIS 10.3 and above).
- ArcGIS Server: To use ArcGIS Server data or services in your app use version 10.2 or later.
- ArcGIS Server (offline data): To take data offline from ArcGIS Server use version 10.2.2 or later.
ArcGIS Desktop: To use the Create Runtime Content capability, ArcGIS Desktop version 10.3 or later is required. You create ArcGIS Runtime content in ArcMap's interface or with the Create Runtime Content geoprocessing tool.
- ArcGIS Pro: To create mobile map packages for use in your ArcGIS Runtime apps use ArcGIS Pro 1.3 or higher.