This guide describes how to use version 100.7.0 of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET to create Windows Presentation Foundation (WPF) apps, Universal Windows Platform (UWP) apps, native mobile apps in C# for Android, iOS, and the Universal Windows Platform (UWP) with high-quality interactive mapping, queries, geocoding, routing, data editing, and advanced geographic analysis. Select your preferred app type in the area just above this paragraph. A great place to start developing once you've installed the SDK is to develop your first map app or browse the wide variety of samples. For release notes and known issues with this release, see Release notes.
The following videos provide an introduction to some common aspects of working with ArcGIS Runtime.
Develop your first map app from a Visual Studio template:
Understand the loadable pattern:
Understand spatial references:
The several APIs included with the SDK share a common design and implementation that enables the reuse of the application logic between apps built for each platform. Functionally, the SDK combines the powerful, high performance mapping and analysis capabilities of the ArcGIS Runtime with features of the ArcGIS platform that supports connected and disconnected workflows.
ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET allows your apps to provide functionality like the following:
- Display an interactive map with rich cartography that contains data from a variety of sources
- Add features, rasters, and basemaps stored locally on a device
- Use a powerful set of tasks that leverage ArcGIS capabilities to analyze your maps and provide information to your users
- Search, query, and identify geographic features using any combination of spatial, attribute, or temporal criteria
- Calculate optimal routes between locations and generate directions
- Enable users to collect and edit data in the field
- Synchronize data collected in the field with your enterprise geodatabase
- Reuse your app's logic across your platform-specific projects
What you get
In addition to the platform-specific APIs (WPF, UWP, Android, iOS, and Xamarin Forms), ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET includes the following documentation, samples, and utilities.
- Online developer's guide from where you can download the SDK setup, get information about getting started, and browse conceptual overviews of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET.
- API reference for each platform that describes the details of all public classes and members.
- Open source ArcGIS Runtime SDK Toolkit controls for use in your ArcGIS Runtime projects.
- A comprehensive set of samples for each platform.
- The ArcGIS Runtime SDK for .NET forum where you can ask questions and interact with other ArcGIS Runtime SDK developers.
- An online community of ArcGIS developers, including @ArcGISRuntime on Twitter, ArcGIS developer blogs, and ArcGIS Runtime developer forums.