What's new in version 1.2.4¶
A number of quality improvements were made in versions 1.2.3 and 1.2.4. Below is the list of bugs reported to Technical Support that were fixed:
- BUG-000108063 ArcGIS Python API is unable to connect to Portal for ArcGIS with Integrated Windows Authentication configured.
- BUG-000107899 In the ArcGIS Python API, cannot update the ArcGIS Online organization banner using the set_banner method when using a custom html string.
- Added support for using the API behind proxy servers
What's new in version 1.2.2¶
Version 1.2.2 ensures the map widget in Jupyter notebooks continues to work with newer installs of the API.
What's new in version 1.2.1¶
1.2.1 is a primarily a bug fix and documentation update release. Below is a non exhaustive list of bug fixes that were fixed:
- Fix to ensure
DataStoreManager.list()is updated when user adds, modifies or updates data stores.
- BUG-000104664 ArcGIS API for Python fails to return the groupProviderName value
- BUG-000105897 When iterating through items in a nonexistent folder using the ArcGIS Python API, items from the ArcGIS Online root folder are returned.
- BUG-000105969 In ArcGIS Python API, using
data_format = 'json'is not able to create output in local directory when out_path is defined.
- ENH-000106710 Automate the creation of Enterprise groups in ArcGIS Online and Portal using the ArcGIS API for Python.
- Support for Living Atlas on ArcGIS Enterprise
- Better error messages
- BUG-000104664 ArcGIS API for Python fails to return the
returnAttachmentsis an invalid parameter and is repeated multiple times in the
arcgis.features.managersmodule reference page for the Python API
- Support for
- Support to add Item resources as text, URL and archive
- Geocoding results can be returned as
- Support for publishing hosted tile layers from feature layers
- Documentation for administering your GIS, administering your ArcGIS servers, building a distributed GIS, customizing your GIS look and feel are added.
What's new in version 1.2.0¶
Version 1.2 brings with it a slew of new capabilities. Below is a non exhaustive list of enhancements
- A new
arcgis.gis.adminsub module -- expands your admin capabilities, manage credits, create gis collaborations to build a distributed GIS, modify the user experience of the portal website
- A new
arcgis.gis.serversub module -- allows you to manage servers federated with your ArcGIS Enterprise
- A new
arcgis.raster.functionssub module for raster functions -- express raster functions as Python functions, chain them together and perform raster algebra using regular Python arithmetic operators
- A new
SpatialDataFrameclass which extends your regular Pandas DataFrame with spatial capabilities and ability to work with local datasets
- Feature layer improvements -- overwrite feature layers, better support for attachments
- Map widget enhancements -- disable zoom when scrolling the notebook
- oAuth login using app id, secret
- A new GeoAnalytics tool to create space-time cubes
What's new in version 1.0.1¶
Version 1.0.1 is a bug fix release. Following are some of the bugs that were resolved:
- BUG-000101507 gis.groups.search returns incorrect results if the User is an owner of more than 100 groups.
- Enabled building initial cache when publishing vector tile packages
- Fixed bug in creating new users on ArcGIS Online or Portal for ArcGIS 10.5 or newer
- Fix to ignore values like size of -1 when initializing item objects
- Reorder batch geocoding results to match input array
What's new in version 1.0.0¶
Ever since we released the public beta versions, your response to this API has been phenomenal. Since the last release of beta 3, the API went through a redesign phase. We took a critical look at the previous design and evaluated it against the ease of use, extensibility and our original goal of developing a Pythonic API for GIS. The result is this new design, a design that simply does not contour to the implementation logic, but efficiently abstracts it, ensuring the simplicity and beauty of the programming language prevails.
API design changes¶
The following are some of the high level changes you would notice in the version 1.0 of the API. You might have to update your notebooks and scripts and we apologize for this inconvenience.
- Various layer types in
arcgis.lyrmodule are now in their own separate modules such as
arcgis.mappingwith additional support for vector tiles, map image layers
- Tools in
arcgis.toolsare accessible as functions in the corresponding layer modules. This allows a better grouping and presentation of tools making them available right alongside the layer types they process. For instance, the feature analysis tools available earlier as
- Big data analysis tools available earlier as
arcgis.tools.BigDatais now in a separate module
Enhancements and new features¶
This is by no means an exhaustive list. Below are some major enhancements you may notice in version 1.0 of the API
- ability to work with replicas for feature layers
- ability to manage user roles
- support for multiple outputs in GP tools
- support for stream layers
- added more big data analysis tools in the
- extended support for web tools
- smart mapping improvements
- extended ability to publish package items such as vector tile, scene, tile
- enhanced support for login using ArcGIS Pro
Feedback on this topic?