ArcGIS Pro allows you to consolidate your maps and data into a single mobile map package file (.mmpk) that you can take offline. Each package can contain the maps and data necessary for your users to continue working when connectivity is poor or non-existent. Each mobile map package adheres to a common map definition, allowing you to transport your maps and data across the ArcGIS platform.
With ArcGIS Pro 2.6 (or later), you can include online layers and tables in your map, such as traffic information, weather conditions, or a large company data-set. If your user's device has network connectivity they can take advantage of these online layers and tables. If the connection is unavailable, users can continue to work with the maps and data that are stored locally in the mobile map package.
Create an offline map
You have two options to create a mobile map package with ArcGIS Pro:
- Use the Create Mobile Map Package tool.
- Locate the ArcGIS Pro tool called Create Mobile Map Package in the Data Management Toolbox. You can use this to create a mobile map package containing any number of maps.
- If needed, set an expiration date on the mobile map package. This is available with ArcGIS Pro 2.4 (or later) with the ArcGIS Publisher extension license.
- If you want include online layers and tables in the maps, you need to check on the "Reference online content". This is available with ArcGIS Pro 2.6 (or later).
- Save the package to ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, or to a folder on your device.
- Use the Package option on the Share Tab.
- In ArcGIS Pro go to the Share tab, under Package and select Mobile Map. This will create a mobile map package from the active map. For more information, see Share a mobile map package.
- You can save the package to ArcGIS Online, ArcGIS Enterprise, or to a folder on your device.
You can download the mobile map package from ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise directly onto your device using the ArcGIS Runtime API. Alternatively, you can copy the package directly to your device.
Note:If you'd like ready-to-use and regularly updated basemaps, locators, or network datasets you can license StreetMap Premium data in mobile map package format. For details, see Add StreetMap Premium data.
When the mobile map package is on your device, you can:
- Open the offline map. Ensure that the mobile map package has not expired and load it into your application. If any of the loaded maps contain online layers or tables, you may need to handle authentication.
- Display and interact with the maps, layers, and data, calculate routes using the package's transportation network files, and search for addresses using the package's locator files, if present.
- Finish using the offline map by ensuring that all locks are fully released from the mobile map package.