Release notes for 100.7
The minimum required version of Qt has been increased to 5.12.6. If using an older version, you may encounter new OpenSSL requirements. Those details are captured in this Qt blog about OpenSSL requirements.
Qt 5.14 introduces support for Android App Bundles, which resulted in major changes to Qt's Android kits and library configurations. This release of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt does not support these updated kits and workflows at this release. ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt is tested and certified on the latest LTS (5.12.6) and the latest version of Qt at the time of release (5.13.2). For more information, please see Qt's blog regarding AAB support.
The Qt Post Installer has been streamlined so you can simply select
No to integrate ArcGIS Runtime SDK with Qt Creator. Selecting
Yes will configure Qt Creator to utilize project templates, documentation, and more. Selecting
No means you will need to set these things up on your own. If you are developing apps on Windows that require your current location, you will need to manually copy over the DLLs from
This section describes new features and improvements (what's new).
Utility network functionality has been greatly enhanced in this release. You can now trace your electric circuits, and gas and water systems using upstream, downstream and subnetwork traces. Set numerous trace configuration options to enhance and fine-tune all of these traces. In addition, your users can now query the contents of a network container, such as a switch cabinet or regulator station, using association queries. Finally, using the new subtype feature layer, you can now efficiently display different asset groups within a single feature class.
With ArcGIS Pro 2.5 you can create mobile scene packages that utilize a range of raster types as elevation sources within a scene. Use these packages to take your scenes offline. With this release you do not need to unpack packages that contain raster data.
With ArcGIS Pro 2.5 you can create mobile map packages that include vector tile layers along with their own custom style. This release of ArcGIS Runtime adds support for displaying vector tile layers using the custom style included in the package.
With ArcGIS Pro 2.5 you can create mobile scene packages that contain transportation networks. You can now use these packages with ArcGIS Runtime to perform routing analysis entirely offline in a scene.
A map's background color is now honored when displaying maps in a map view. This color will be displayed in transparent areas of the map as well as areas where there is no basemap or operational data. The background color can be defined programmatically or specified while creating webmaps and mobile map packages.
Rather than always being billboarded, 2D markers can now be draped on the ground on a 3D surface when drawn in dynamic rendering mode. This matches the existing behavior of lines and polygons.
Display times are considerably faster when initially displaying and interacting with MrSID raster datasets at this release.
Additional properties have been added to the
Incident classes to help model and accurately locate moving features used as inputs. These properties are used to describe the speed, bearing, bearing tolerance, and latency for an input.
WfsFeatureTable has been improved, in some cases by up to 65%. This applies to the initial population and subsequent navigation for
WfsFeatureTable when using On Interaction Cache or On Interaction No Cache feature request modes, as well as the manual population of these tables if using Manual Cache mode with calls to
populateFromService. It also applies to the insertion of large numbers of features into
Model scene symbols now support glTF 2.0, a standardized file format for describing 3D objects. Model symbols can be created from .glTF or .glb files (a binary form). See the glTF Overview for more information about the glTF 2.0 specification.
This release of ArcGIS Runtime adds support for version 3.0 of the ArcGIS dictionary style. This is the latest version used by ArcGIS Pro 2.5.
ArcGIS Runtime now honors the visible scale range for symbols when displaying maps from mobile map packages. This is useful to limit the amount and type of data displayed at different map scales. You can use ArcGIS Pro to define the scale range for symbols in a Unique Value or Class Breaks renderer of a feature layer.
Model scene symbols now support size and rotation from visual variables along a user-defined axis. Geographic and arithmetic rotation from visual variables is supported along the heading axis. Color and size from visual variables are now supported on 3D primitive marker symbols, such as cube, cylinder, etc.
Previous releases introduced the creation and modification of certain types of KML content, such as placemarks and ground overlays. This release adds support for creating, editing, and saving screen overlays (
ScreenOverlay) within KML datasets. API additions comprise:
- A constructor for
- Read-write properties for color, icon, and draw order on
- New properties on
ScreenOverlayto support positioning, sizing, and rotating screen overlays
The AR Toolkit now allows you to clip the contents of a scene by setting the
clippingDistance property. This allows you to build more realistic table-top experiences where you can limit the 3D content being displayed to the surface upon which it is placed, and also helps improve the performance of full-scale experiences by prioritizing the content that is nearby over data that may be far away.
With ArcGIS Runtime 100.7, you can now unlock Standard and Advanced license levels and the Analysis extension when using the Named User licensing mechanism with ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8 or higher. Previously these license entitlements were only available using a license key.
- Utility Network license extension—Starting with ArcGIS Runtime 100.7 and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8, Utility Network capabilities now require an explicit Utility Network license extension. This extension can be unlocked using a license key, or a named user that includes the Utility Network user type extension.
- When you take a webmap offline you can navigate between the map's min and max scale. This scale range is now specified by the original webmap (either defined by the service or the basemap layer). Previously, this scale range was limited by levels of detail downloaded when taking the map offline.
- Starting with 100.7, ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Qt makes use of HTTP network caching, which can result in significant performance improvements for online resources. Caching is off by default and can be enabled by setting
Support for iOS 11 is deprecated. A minimum of iOS 12 will be required at the next release.
Support for Android API level 19 (Android 4.4, KitKat) is deprecated. A minimum of API level 21 (Android 5.0, Lollipop) will be required at the next release.
Support for Windows 7 SP1 is deprecated. A minimum of Windows 10 version 1803 will be required at the next release.
Support for Windows 10 version 1709 is deprecated. A minimum of Windows 10 version 1803 will be required at the next release.
Support for macOS 10.13 (High Sierra) was deprecated with release 100.6. As of this release, application target platforms must run a minimum of macOS 10.14 (Mojave).
In addition to being billboarded, 2D marker symbols displayed in a scene can now be draped on the ground to match the behavior of lines and polygons. This is supported for dynamic rendering, allowing you to move and rotate the symbols at sub-second intervals. To support this change, the
Draped enum value of
SurfacePlacement is deprecated. Use either
PortalInfo.licenseInfo property has been deprecated. The preferred way to obtain license information for a Named User is by using the new
Portal.fetchLicenseInfo() method. This method returns ArcGIS Runtime license entitlements of Named Users in ArcGIS Online and ArcGIS Enterprise 10.8, and is backwards-compatible with older versions of ArcGIS Enterprise.
Raster data can now be read directly from a mobile map/scene package without the need for it to be unpacked. You do not need to check whether a package can be read directly. The
isDirectReadSupported method on the
MobileScenePackage have been deprecated. From this version they will always return a value of true. Since this method is no longer required, it can be removed from your calling code along with any subsequent use of
Support for ArcGIS Desktop 10.x packages with ArcGIS Runtime Local Server is deprecated. Version 100.8.0 will be the last ArcGIS Runtime Local Server release to support ArcGIS Desktop 10.x packages. The next version will require packages to be created with ArcGIS Pro.
Support for VMWare Horizon View 6.5 is deprecated. A minimum of VMWare Horizon 7.0 will be required at the next release.
Support for Citrix XenDesktop 7.17 and 7.18 is deprecated. A minimum of Citrix XenDesktop 7.6 will be required at the next release.
Support for Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1909 is deprecated. A minimum of Citrix Virtual Apps and Desktops 7 1912 LTSR will be required at the next release.
- ENH-000124453 Provide the ability to display a mobile map package and respect the visible scale range set for each symbol class in ArcGIS Pro for that mobile map package.
- BUG-000126697 Application crashes when attempting to load a certain mobile map package (.mmpk).
- Callout appears "collapsed" if it was initially hidden.
- BUG-000126144 Crash in Map_renderer::Labelable.
- BUG-000124577 Poor performance with large MrSID rasters.
- ENH-000115312: Clarify and improve the documentation for requirement and approaches for offline preplanned workflow.
- BUG-000120409 WMTS service does not load if the tile matrices of the service in the GetCapabilities file are not in sequential order.
- BUG-000109943 When creating the points, if the coordinate value is lower than decimal point third place, the raster is added to the map with an unexpected rendering result.
- BUG-000122510 Selecting features on a feature layer using featureLayer.SelectFeaturesAsync() uses the geometry of the polygon extent rather than the geometry of the polygon itself when querying from an event listener.
- BUG-000115811 Blend renderer for scene view renders in different color range than for map view.
- ENH-000120897 Support draped mode for symbols in dynamic mode 3D.
- BUG-000126415 Application crashes when rendering labels with query with the EXC_BAD_ACCESS error
- BUG-000126467 Display fails for online and synced offline annotation layers with certain spatial reference characteristics
- BUG-000125578 The
LabelDefinition.ToJson()method returns an empty symbol value.
- BUG-000125025 Investigate possible memory leak with ArcGISTiledLayer.
- BUG-000127070 The
WGS 1984 (Transit)spatial reference (WKID 104016) is no longer recognized, and data or services using this WKID may fail to load. As a workaround, the EPSG replacement code
8888can be used instead.
- BUG-000125987 The watermark is not removed without rotating the screen after setting the license from a named user login.
- BUG-000125249 A small outline added to graphics when NavigationConstraint is set to none.