- URL: https://<portaladmin>/system/content/configuration/update(POST only)
- Required Capability:Administrator
- Version Introduced:10.6
This resource allows an administrator to enable or disable external content discovery from the portal website.
Because some Esri-provided content requires external access to the internet, an administrator may choose to disable the content to prevent requests to ArcGIS Online resources. When disabling the content, a select group of items will be disabled:
- All basemaps owned by "esri_[lang]"
- All content owned by "esri_nav"
- All content owned by "esri"
This resource will not disable ArcGIS Online utility services or Living Atlas content. For steps to disable these items, refer to the Portal Administrator guide.
When external content is disabled, System Languages are also disabled.
Determines whether a set of Esri-provided content that requires external access to the internet is enabled. The default is true.
Values: true | false