- URL:https://<configuration-url>/update(POST only)
- Required Capability:Default administrator role | Security and infrastructure privilege | Organization website privilege
- Version Introduced:10.6
This operation allows an administrator to enable or disable external content discovery from the portal website.
Because some Esri-provided content requires external access to the internet, an administrator may choose to disable the content to prevent requests to ArcGIS Online resources. When disabling the content, a select group of items will be disabled:
- All basemaps owned by "esri_[lang]"
- All content owned by "esri_nav"
- All content owned by "esri"
When external content is disabled, System Languages are also disabled.
Determines whether a set of Esri-provided content that requires external access to the internet is enabled. The default is true.
Values: true | false
Below is a sample POST request for update:
POST /webadaptor/portaladmin/system/content/configuration HTTP/1.1 Host: machine.domain.com Content-Type: application/x-www-form-urlencoded Content-Length:  externalContentEnabled=true&f=json