- URL:http://server:port/arcgis/exportSite(POST only)
- Required Capability:Administrator
- Version Introduced:10.2
Exports the site configuration to a location you specify as input to this operation. The exported file includes and excludes the following information:
|Information included in the backup||Information not included|
You cannot make other administrative site configuration changes while a backup is in progress.
Protecting information not included in the backup
As noted above, some information is not included in the backup of your site. It's recommended you manually back up this information at the same time you run the backup utility. When you restore the site, manually copy or move this information back to the site, for example:
- Cache tiles and tiling schemes— These directories will contain the cache tiles and the tiling scheme file conf.xml. The cache directories may also contain a file geodatabase status.gdb that contains information about which tiles have been built. When you restore the site, move or copy the information back to the original arcgiscache directory.
- Data used by your services—If the data used by your services was not copied to a folder on the server when publishing, it will not be included in the backup. Manually back up your data directories, geodatabases, databases, source tables, and any other information used by your services. When you restore the site, verify ArcGIS Server has permissions to access your data locations. For more information, see Making your data accessible to ArcGIS Server.
- Log messages—When the site is running, logs are created and distributed among all ArcGIS Server machines participating in your site. When you restore the site, move or copy the information back to the original logs directory.
- Primary site administrator name and password—After you restore a site, you continue using the primary site administrator name and password that was in place when performing the restore. This is true even if you restore a site whose primary site administrator had been disabled. It's recommended you record the user name and password and store it in a secure location before performing the restore.
- Statistics data—When the site is running, various service statistics are recorded. When you restore the site, move or copy the information back to the original statistics directory.
- ArcGIS Web Adaptor configurations—If your site includes one or more ArcGIS Web Adaptors, you'll need to reconfigure them with your site after performing the restore. For full instructions, see the configuration topics for IIS, Java (Windows), and Java (Linux).
|location [optional]|| |
Description: A path to a folder accessible to the server where the exported site configuration will be written. If a location is not specified, the server writes the exported site configuration file to directory owned by the server and returns a virtual path (an HTTP URL) to that location from where it can be downloaded.
Description: The response format. The default response format is html.
Values: html | json