Listed below are new resources and operations added to the ArcGIS Server Administrator API since version 10.1.
- The Federate Data Item operation is new at 10.7. This operation can be used to create a data store item in your portal for a data store that has been registered with one of your portal's federated ArcGIS Server sites.
- featureServiceXSSFilter is a new property in Server Properties that is used to set the value of the xssPreventionRule for feature services when they are published by either applying an XSS filter to any attribute data input into a feature service for new or updated features, or filtering the input data and output data for XSS strings.
- The Message Bus resource has been deprecated as of 10.7.1. This resource was introduced at 10.5 and allowed you to view and manage your message bus.
- The Message Bus Health Check operation has been deprecated as of 10.7.1. This operation was introduced at 10.5 and was used to return information for each machine that participated in the Message Bus service.
- The Message Bus Status resource has been deprecated as of 10.7.1. This operation was introduced at 10.5 and allowed you to view the status of the Message Bus service.
- The Start Message Bus service operation has been deprecated as of 10.7.1. This operation was introduced at 10.5 and allowed you to run your message bus service.
- The Stop Message Bus service operation has been deprecated as of 10.7.1. This operation was introduced at 10.5 and allowed you to stop your message bus service.
- The Big Data File Share Manifest Regeneration operation is new at 10.7. This operation regenerates the manifest for a big data file share.
- The Synchronize Service Reset operation is new at 10.7. This operation resets the Synchronization service, as well as restarts both the Synchronization and Compute platform services.
- The Compute Platform Health Check operation now returns the lastheartbeatString and hostname parameters in the request's response.
- TLSv1 is no longer the default for the Update Security Configuration operation. The default is now TLSv1.2.
- You can now include specific Request IDs in the filter parameter for a log query to view a comprehensive timeline of all log messages regarding the request.
- The javaHeapSize framework property has been added to the Create Service and Edit Service operations. javaHeapSize allows you to specify a heap size for a particular service, which overrides the default heap size properties you can set for all services by using the Edit Machine operation.
The following information has either been updated or added in Server Properties:
- The allowLegacyURLParser property now allows double quotation marks in URL query strings when set to true.
- enableNosniffHeader is a new property that, when set to true, has all network communication from ArcGIS Server including the X-Content-Type-Options response header with a value of nosniff, which helps protect against MIME confusion attacks.
- ldapCertificateValidation is a new property. When set to true, any encrypted LDAP communication (LDAPS) made from ArcGIS Server to the user or role identity store will enforce certificate verification.
- machineSuspendThreshold is a new property that defines the time period of inactivity after which a machine will be suspended from receiving administrative and publishing requests.
- The percentageMaxAllowedComputeCores property sets the maximum percentage of CPU, out of the total CPU available on the machine, that will be used by the compute platform worker process on a single node.
- The percentageMaxAllowedComputeMemory property sets the maximum percentage of memory, out of the total amount of memory available on the machine, that will be used by the compute platform worker process on a single node.
- suspendedMachineUnregisterThreshold is a new property that defines the time period of inactivity after which a machine will be unregistered from the site.
- The Synchronization Service Health Check resource has been deprecated as of 10.7. This resource was introduced at 10.5 and was used to return information for each machine that participates in the synchronization service.
- The AppServer property from the Server Properties resource has been deprecated as of 10.7. AppServer was introduced at 10.6 and was used to override the optimized architecture of ArcGIS Server to use legacy architecture. However, the AppServer property was only relevant when the singleClusterMode deployment was set to true.
JSON content type
The content-types for JSON and JSON with callback responses have been changed from text/plain.
- For JSON: Content-Type:application/json;charset=utf-8
- The Relational Data Store Types resource indicates database platforms that have been registered with an ArcGIS Server site. Only sites that have been designated as a hosting server ever need to have relational data store types registered. Web clients (for example, Insights for ArcGIS) use these types when creating Relational Database Connection portal items. A Relational Database Connection portal item references a new service type: RelationalCatalogServer (in other words, Relational Catalog Service). At least one relational data store type must be registered with the hosting server before Relational Database Connections can be used.
- You can control changes to your ArcGIS Server site using the site mode resource. The Update Site Mode operation changes the site mode. For more information about site modes, see About ArcGIS Server site mode in the ArcGIS Server help documentation.
- Additional properties related to ArcGIS Server site mode have been added to serverProperties.
- A new property has been added to editConfigStore to control the location of the local repository for read-only site mode.
- unregisterDataItem now requires a new parameter force with the value set to true.
- A new editDataItem operation is supported to allow editing of data store item connection information.
- The Deployment resource is used to control the load-balancing functionality between GIS server machines. For example, in large sites with a single cluster, you can configure the site to remove the load balancing functionality between GIS server machines. This reduces network traffic between machines in the site and helps reduce load on your network.
- The Get Available Time Zones resource has been deprecated.
- The Service Types resource supports the dateFieldsTimezoneID and dateFieldsRespectsDaylightSavings properties for map and feature services.
- The Usage Report resource is used to obtain ArcGIS Server usage data for specified resources (for example, folders or services) during a given time period. Use the Edit Usage Report, Delete Usage Report, and Query Report Data operations to work with usage reports.
- The Usage Reports resource is a collection of all the usage reports created within your site. The Create Usage Reportoperation allows you to define a new usage report using JSON.
- The Usage Reports Settings resource returns the current settings for all usage reports in the site. You can edit these settings using the Edit Usage Reports Settings operation.
- The Start Data Store Machine, Stop Data Store Machine, Remove Data Store Machine, Make Data Store Primary Machine, and Validate Data Store operations allow you to work with the ArcGIS Data Store.
- The Start Services and Stop Services operations allow you to start and stop multiple services with a single command.
- You can disable browser caching of the Administrator Directory pages using the DisableAdminDirectoryCache property. The default is false. To disable browser caching, set this property to true.
- You can increase the speed of tile retrieval for cached services by specifying the number of users whose token information will be cached. This is controlled by the CacheSizeForSecureTileRequests property. If not specified, the default cache size is 200,000.
- If your organization includes multiple LDAP servers, you can specify the additional servers using the failOverLDAPServers property. This allows you to configure your organization's highly available LDAP with ArcGIS Server.
- The Export Site operation creates a backup of your site configuration. This includes information about the machines, services, server object extensions, users, roles, and other settings in your site. The Import Site operation restores the backup.
- The Get Roles By Privilege operation returns a list of roles associated with a given privilege. For example, you could use this operation to get a list of all roles that have the Publisher privilege.
- When configuring SSL on a machine, the Import Existing Server Certificate operation allows you to import a CA-signed certificate that you already own.
10.1 Service Pack 1
- The Services In Cluster resource gives you a report of all services participating in a given cluster.
- The Web Adaptors Configuration resource reports configuration information about your Web Adaptors, such as the shared key allowing encryption of items between your Web Adaptors and GIS server. You can set your own shared key and other properties using the new Update Web Adaptors Configuration operation.
- The Datastore Configuration resource reports configuration information about your store of registered folders and databases, such as whether the server administrator has blocked service publishers from automatically copying data to the server at publish time. You can block data copying and set other properties using the new Update Datastore Configuration operation.