Listed below are new resources and operations added to the ArcGIS Server Administrator API since the time of its release at version 10.1.
JSON content type
The content-types for JSON and JSON with callback responses have been changed from text/plain.
- For JSON: Content-Type:application/json;charset=utf-8
- The Relational Data Store Types resource indicates database platforms that have been registered with an ArcGIS Server site. Only sites that have been designated as a hosting server ever need to have relational data store types registered. Web clients (e.g. Insights for ArcGIS) use these types when creating Relational Database Connection portal items. A Relational Database Connection portal item references a new service type: RelationalCatalogServer (i.e. Relational Catalog Service. At least one relational data store type must be registered with the hosting server before Relational Database Connections can be used.
- You can control changes to your ArcGIS Server site using the site mode resource. The Update Site Mode operation changes the site mode. For more information about site modes, see About ArcGIS Server site mode in the ArcGIS Server help documentation.
- Additional properties related to ArcGIS Server site mode have been added to serverProperties.
- A new property has been added to editConfigStore to control the location of the local repository for read-only site mode.
- unregisterDataItem now requires a new parameter force with value set to true.
- A new editDataItem operation is supported to allow editing of data store item connection information.
- The Deployment resource is used to control the load-balancing functionality between GIS server machines. For example, in large sites with a single cluster, you can configure the site to remove the load balancing functionality between GIS server machines. This reduces network traffic between machines in the site and help reduces load on your network.
- The Get Available Time Zones resource has been deprecated.
- The Service Types resource supports the dateFieldsTimezoneID and dateFieldsRespectsDaylightSavings properties for map and feature services.
- The Usage Report resource is used to obtain ArcGIS Server usage data for specified resources (for example, folders or services) during a given time period. Use the Edit Usage Report, Delete Usage Report, and Query Report Data operations to work with usage reports.
- The Usage Reports resource is a collection of all the usage reports created within your site. The Create Usage Reportoperation lets you define a new usage report using JSON.
- The Usage Reports Settings resource returns the current settings for all usage reports in the site. You can edit these settings using the Edit Usage Reports Settings operation.
- The Start Data Store Machine, Stop Data Store Machine, Remove Data Store Machine, Make Data Store Primary Machine, and Validate Data Store operations allow you to work with the ArcGIS Data Store.
- The Start Services and Stop Services operations allow you to start and stop multiple services with a single command.
- You can disable browser caching of the Administrator Directory pages using the DisableAdminDirectoryCache property. The default is false. To disable browser caching, set this property to true.
- You can increase the speed of tile retrieval for cached services by specifying the number of users whose token information will be cached. This is controlled by the CacheSizeForSecureTileRequests property. If not specified, the default cache size is 200,000.
- If your organization includes multiple LDAP servers, you can specify the additional servers using the failOverLDAPServers property. This allows you to configure your organization's highly-available LDAP with ArcGIS Server.
- The Export Site operation creates a backup of your site configuration. This includes information about the machines, services, server object extensions, users, roles, and other settings in your site. The Import Site operation restores the backup.
- The Get Roles By Privilege operation returns a list of roles associated with a given privilege. For example, you could use this operation to get a list of all roles that have the Publisher privilege.
- When configuring SSL on a machine, the Import Existing Server Certificate operation allows you to import a CA-signed certificate that you already own.
10.1 Service Pack 1
- The Services In Cluster resource gives you a report of all services participating in a given cluster.
- The Web Adaptors Configuration resource reports configuration information about your Web Adaptors, such as the shared key allowing encryption of items between your Web Adaptors and GIS server. You can set your own shared key and other properties using the new Update Web Adaptors Configuration operation.
- The Datastore Configuration resource reports configuration information about your store of registered folders and databases, such as whether the server administrator has blocked service publishers from automatically copying data to the server at publish time. You can block data copying and set other properties using the new Update Datastore Configuration operation.