What's new in the network analysis services
- Street data for most regions was updated to 2017 Q2 vintage. Check the data coverage page for details about the street data vintage for your region.
- Street data for most regions was updated to 2016 Q4 vintage. Check the data coverage page for details about the street data vintage for your region.
- The Origin Destination Cost Matrix service is no longer in beta and supports generating matrices with up to 1000 origins and 1000 facilities.
- Bugs were fixed.
- Street data for most regions was updated to 2016 Q2 vintage. Check the data coverage page for details about the street data vintage for your region.
- The asynchronous execution mode for Route, ClosestFacility, and VehicleRoutingProblem services and the synchronous execution mode for VehicleRoutingProblem service supports save_route_data parameter that allows you to save the routes returned from the analysis as a zip file which can be subsequently used to create route layer items in your portal.
- The Route service with asynchronous execution supports time_zone_for_time_windows parameter that provides the ability to specify the time windows for the stops to be in UTC or in the time zone where the stops are geographically located.
- The asynchronous as well as the synchronous execution mode for the VehicleRoutingProblem service supports time_zone_usage_for_time_fields parameter that allows you to specify the time zone for all the input date-time fields supported by the service.
- The stops parameter in the Route service with asynchronous execution supports a LocationType field that allows you to specify if the input stop is a location that the route should visit or it is a location that the route should travel through without making a stop (i.e treat the location as a waypoint).
- The route_shape parameter of the Route and ClosestFacility services in asynchronous execution mode support a True Shape with Measures option that allows you to create output routes with measurements for linear referencing. The measurements increase from the first stop and record the cumulative travel time or travel distance in the units specified by the measurement_units parameter.
- The asynchronous execution mode for the Route, ClosestFacility, ServiceAreas, LocationAllocation, VehicleRoutingProblem, and OriginDestinationCostMatrix and the synchronous execution mode for the VehicleRoutingProblem services supports save_output_network_analysis_layer parameter that allows you to save the analysis settings as a network analysis layer file. This file can be sent to Esri Technical Support in order to diagnose the quality of results returned from the service.
Feedback on this topic?