.NET apply watermark SOI
This sample illustrates how to apply a watermark to every image returned from the Export Map operation on a map service.
Deploying the SOI from the .soe file (
..\bin\Release\NetApplyWatermarkSOI_ent.soe) does not require you to open Visual Studio. However, you can load the project (
..\NetApplyWatermarkSOI.csproj) in Visual Studio to debug, modify, and recompile the SOI code.
- Postprocess REST response
Any dynamic map service published from ArcGIS Pro. This instruction uses the USA map service as the sample service to test with the SOI.
Deploy the SOI
- Log in to ArcGIS Server Manager and click the Site tab.
- Click Extensions.
- Click Add Extension.
- Click Choose File and choose the NetApplyWatermarkSOI_ent.soe file (
- Click Add.
Enable the SOI on a map service
- Make sure you have published the USA map service using ArcGIS Pro. If not, refer to USA map service
- Log in to ArcGIS Server Manager and click the Services tab. Select USA map service and select Capabilities.
- In the Interceptors section, select DotNet Apply Watermark Sample SOI in the Available Interceptors box and click the right arrow button to move it to Enabled Interceptors.
- Click the Save and Restart button to restart the service.
Test the SOI
Open a browser and navigate to the REST services endpoint of the USA map service (URL:
Scroll to the bottom of the above page and click Export Map in Supported Extensions.
This leads you to the following URL:
The watermark (c) ESRI Inc. will appear at the bottom left corner of the exported image.