This topic describes how to deploy server object extensions and interceptors in ArcGIS Server Manager. It also covers undeploying of server object extensions and interceptors from ArcGIS Server Manager.
Before you deploy a .NET SOE/SOI to ArcGIS Server or ArcGIS Enterprise, you must make sure your ArcGIS Server has been configured with .NET Extension Support enabled.
On the machine where ArcGIS Server is installed, go to Control Panel > Programs and Features.
Right-click ArcGIS Server and click Uninstall/Change.
Check Modify and click Next.
Click the drop-down button at the .NET Extension Support feature.
If Feature Description on the right states "This feature requires 0KB on your hard drive", then you already have this feature enabled. You can then click Cancel and exit the wizard. Otherwise, select This feature will be installed on local hard drive and click Next and Install to install this feature.
Now your ArcGIS Server is properly configured for .NET SOEs/SOIs and you can continue the following instructions to deploy your extensions.
- Log into ArcGIS Server Manager and go to the Site > Extensions page.
- Click the Add Extension button, browse to your newly created .soe file and click OK.
- The extension will be registered and listed on the Extensions page.
- Your extension is now deployed to all machines participating in the ArcGIS Server site.
- Log into Manager, and navigate to the Site > Extensions page.
- Click the cross button next to the extension you want to undeploy.
- Click Yes in the confirmation dialog box.
Your extension is now undeployed from ArcGIS Server. If this extension was enabled on a service that was running when you undeployed it, that service will be automatically restarted.