How to open SOE templates in Visual Studio
When you install the ArcGIS Enterprise SDK, you get templates for Visual Studio that can help you build REST server object extensions (SOEs). Use the following steps to open a template and start building a REST SOE:
- Start Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Click File, New, then Project.
- In the Installed Templates tree, click the node to expand your language (Visual C# or Visual Basic), click to expand the ArcGIS node, then click Server Object Extensions.
- Click the "REST SOE Template (ArcGIS Pro)" and add a name and location for your SOE, then click OK.
- In the Solution Explorer, click the .cs or .vb file (depending on your chosen language in Step 3) and modify the template code as desired.