ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unreal Engine sample code
Get experience with the latest version of ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unreal Engine using the samples.
ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unreal Engine includes basic samples in the package that demonstrate the use of ArcGIS capabilities.
The sample levels are in the
Samples folder. To access the folder, open the Content Drawer in Unreal Engine and select Plugins > ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unreal Engine Content > Samples. If the Plugin folder does not appear in the list, click Settings at the top right corner of the Content Drawer and select Show Plugin Content. You can also find the C++ sample source code files in
To see the results of the following samples, set your API key as described below:
- BlueprintsSample: Provide the default value of the API key variables in the Blueprint level
- APISample: Set the APIKey field of the ArcGISMapCreator actor or in the
- 3DAttributesSample: Set the APIKey field of the ArcGISMapCreator actor
For other samples in the plugin, set your API key in the Project Settings, Modes Panel, or ArcGIS Map Component.
The samples in GitHub show the combined capability of ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unreal Engine, Unreal Engine and ArcGIS REST APIs.
The code samples described on this page are also available on GitHub (choose the
main branch). With a free GitHub account, you can:
- Keep a local repository (or 'repo') of the samples and sync whenever you see updates.
- Subscribe to the repo to get notified of updates (merges to
main) or you can check the repo for updates at your convenience.
- Subscribe to activities at the issue level.
- Suggest changes via pull requests and the ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unreal Engine team may merge the changes after a full review and testing phase.
GitHub is a web-based hosting service for software development projects that uses an open source revision control system called Git. To learn how to interact with Git repositories with GitHub and to sign up for a free account, visit github.com.
A Sample Viewer level is available in Content > SampleViewer folder. You can switch sample levels during play mode and see the functionality. Each sample level is in the Content > SampleViewer > Samples folder.
Follow the Instructions to set up the sample viewer.