Query a feature layer
Query objects from a feature layer and show them on the map.
How to use the sample
- Open the FeatureLayer_lvl level.
- Click on the ArcGISMapActor in the Outliner panel.
- Set your API key under Authentication section in the Details panel.
- Click play and select a stadium from the list.
How it works
- Create a new C++ class and make a http request to query a feature layer.
- Create a new Blueprint Actor class
- Create the event to place the stadium data returned from the feature layer.
- Create a function to spawn the actor according to the stadium
- Create a function to apply different materials according to the
- Attach the ArcGIS Location Component to the static stadium mesh model.
- Create a function to place the static mesh model on the
coordinateslocation returned by the feature layer query and the height calculated by raycasts.
- Create a widget for the viewport so users can select a stadium from the list fed from the feature service.
Note: You can use
UE_LOG to print log messages in the Output Log window and see if you are gathering the data properly from the feature service.
About the data
Data for all Major League Baseball Stadiums in the United States Feature Layer hosted by Esri. (Format the request URL for the query.)
Elevation data is loaded from the Terrain 3D elevation layer hosted by Esri.
Feature Layer, Data Collection