Create app installation files using cloud Make
There are two ways to create app installation files: cloud and local.
- Cloud means that ArcGIS creates the installation files for you.
- Local means you need to install the development tools locally, and you'll generate the installation files yourself.
To use either method, use the AppStudio Make tool.
The cloud make service requires that your app be stored in ArcGIS Online. To use the AppStudio Make tool, you need an ArcGIS AppStudio Developer Edition license.
Before generating installation files, ensure that you do the following:
- Add your Esri client ID to your app in Settings. For more information, see License your app.
- Associate your certification files with your app in Settings. For more information, see Sign your app.
- Click Upload to upload your finished app to ArcGIS.
- If you make further updates to your app after its initial upload, be sure to upload your app again for these changes to be included in the installation files.
To create an app installation file, complete the following steps:
Select your app in AppStudio and choose the Make tool.
Click the Cloud button.
Check the boxes next to Android, Windows, macOS, iOS, and Ubuntu for the platforms you require.
Select Analyze Build.
This displays any error messages relating to what may prevent or limit your app's build process, as well as other information such as the email address to receive update notifications.
Click Request Build to begin the build process.
A message appears advising you that a build has been requested, and that you'll be kept informed via email. You'll receive emails that advise whether the build was successful, and if not successful, possible troubleshooting options.
You'll receive an email when your installation files have been successfully created. To download the files directly, complete the following steps:
- Go to the AppStudio over-the-air download service page and sign in.
When you sign in to this site on an iOS device, the page may appear to stop responding and never complete sign in. If this happens, create a link to this page using the iOSAdd to Home Screen tool. Open the page from the link to sign in and download your app.
- Select the Install button for your app.
- Once the app is downloaded, open the installation file on your device and follow the instructions.