Show various kinds of 3D symbols in a scene.
You can programmatically create different types of 3D symbols and add them to a scene at specified locations. You could do this to call attention to the prominence of a location.
When the scene loads, note the different types of 3D symbols that you can create.
- Create a graphics overlay.
- Create various simple marker scene symbols by specifying different styles and colors, and a height, width, depth, and anchor position of each.
- Create a graphic for each symbol.
- Add the graphics to the graphics overlay.
- Add the graphics overlay to the scene view.
This sample shows arbitrary symbols in an empty scene with imagery basemap.
3D, cone, cube, cylinder, diamond, geometry, graphic, graphics overlay, pyramid, scene, shape, sphere, symbol, tetrahedron, tube, visualization
<UserControl x:Class="ArcGISRuntime.UWP.Samples.SceneSymbols.SceneSymbols" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml/presentation" xmlns:x="http://schemas.microsoft.com/winfx/2006/xaml" xmlns:esri="using:Esri.ArcGISRuntime" xmlns:esriUI="using:Esri.ArcGISRuntime.UI.Controls"> <Grid> <esriUI:SceneView x:Name="MySceneView" /> </Grid> </UserControl>