Install and setup
ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unity is a plugin for Unity. In order to develop interactive 3D GIS applications using real world maps and 3D content from ArcGIS Platform, you need to prepare your Unity project.
The plugin supports Unity 2021.3.x LTS. If you do not have it installed, install Unity.
The plugin provides three options to use ArcGIS data and other geospatial contents within a scene:
- The Map Creator UI provides the option to create a scene without writing any code.
- The components provide functionality that can be attached to game objects in your scene.
- The C# API grants access to the plugin source code.
You can download the developer documentation as an archive from the downloads page. The stand-alone documentation includes the developer guide, API reference, tutorials, and samples documentation. The archive contains instructions to serve the documentation from a local web server so you can access it without a connection to the internet. This documentation is designed to run on a local stand-alone computer or on an internal network and not on the public internet.
To serve the documentation locally:
- Download the documentation for the ArcGIS Maps SDK for Unity. The downloaded files are in a .zip archive format.
- Extract the archive to a local folder. The extracted archive has two subfolders:
- Open the
README.mdfile in the
installfolder and follow the instructions for your chosen web server.