Map Layers widget
The Map Layers widget displays a list of map layers.
Use this widget to support app design requirements such as the following:
- A common use is to configure a Map widget and a Map Layers widget in a full-screen app. Use the Map Layers widget to list the layers and allow users to control their visibility on the map.
This widget requires connection to a data source. You can connect to a data source directly or connect to a Map widget in your app. You can use the Map Layers widget on a page with or without a displayed map.
The Map Layers widget includes the following settings:
Source—Web map or web scene data, or a Map widget in your app that displays a 2D or 3D map.
Customize layers (available when you connect a Map widget)—Customize which layers appear in the layer list. Any web maps or scenes connected to the Map widget are listed here. If you click a web map or scene, a panel listing all of the map or scene's layers opens.
Enable customize layers—Turn on this setting to choose which layers appear in the layer list at run time. This setting also affects the Map widget's Layers tool.
Options—Select from a variety of options to appear in the widget for each listed layer.
View layer details—Open the details page for the layer.
The following options are only available when configuring this widget to work with the Map widget:
- Zoom to—Zoom the corresponding map to the extent of the layer.
- Show or hide labels—For layers with labels, choose to allow users to show or hide labels.
- Transparency—Change the transparency of the layer in the corresponding map.
- Toggle layer visibility—Turn layer visibility on or off in the corresponding map.