The Share widget allows end users to share the app by posting it to a social media account, sending an email with a link, or embedding it in a website or blog. It also provides a URL and QR code of the app. It shares the entire app. It doesn't support sharing specific content in the app. To add a Share widget, drag it anywhere on a page and use either pop-up or inline style to fit your app design.
Use this widget to support app design requirements such as the following:
- You want end users to share your app with others. Add a Share widget with an icon that encourages them to share.
- You have a blog style site and want to align media share buttons across your content.
It's recommended that you not add a Share widget to a Widget Controller because the Share widget is already a wrapped widget that can perform options in a pop-up.
Click the Pin button on the Share widget's toolbar to keep the widget visible on scrolling pages.
The Share widget includes settings for two sharing styles: pop-up and inline.
Pop-up—Display the sharing URL and other sharing options in a pop-up.
- Icon—Customize the share icon by changing the icon symbol, color, and size.
- Share options—Turn on the share options to include in the widget, such as embed or email.
- Tooltip—Provide custom hover text to describe to end users what the share button does.
Inline—Display the sharing options as inline tiles.
- Share options—Turn on the share options to include in the widget, such as QR code and email.
- Direction—Align the share options horizontally or vertically to fit your app design.
- Hide media label—Hide the share option labels so only their icons appear.
- Size—Choose a size for the share options: small, medium, or large.