Location QML Type
Represents a location update from a position source. More...
|Import Statement:||import Esri.ArcGISRuntime|
- additionalSourceProperties : jsobject
- course : double
- horizontalAccuracy : double
- lastKnown : bool
- locationType : Enums.LocationType
- position : Point
- timestamp : date
- velocity : double
- verticalAccuracy : double
Note: You cannot declare or create a component of this type in QML code.
See also LocationDisplay.
[since Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.14] additionalSourceProperties : jsobject
A set of key-value pairs providing additional meta-data and properties about the source of this Location (read-only). A Location object can be created manually or by a variety of AbstractLocationDataSource types, for example from the default platform data source or external GPS.
Mobile devices may provide different details about their in-built location services. For example, Android systems can provide data on the number of satellites used to find a position, whereas on iOS this information is not available. When a given property is not available to the data source the entry should be omitted from the additionalSourceProperties.
The additionalSourceProperties provide a means for the creator of a Location object to record flexible information such as:
- The confidence level associated with the location.
- The method used to obtain the location.
- The provenance of the location.
Information is provided as a set of key-value pairs, where the
string key describes the type of data held in the
var value. Values must be basic data types such as string, numeric, boolean or date. The creator of the Location can use any string for the key - but this API recognizes a number of well known keys which should be used if available. See LocationSourcePropertiesKeys:
- "floor" (an integer value). The floor number of the Location when in a building. Use LocationSourcePropertiesKeys::floor to reference this key.
- "satelliteCount" (an integer value). The number of satellites used to fix the Location. Use LocationSourcePropertiesKeys::satelliteCount to reference this key.
- "positionSource" (a string value). This key can be used to indicate the position source: GNSS, AppleIPS, BLE, WIFI, CELL, IP. GNSS indicates global navigation satellite system and AppleIPS is Apple’s indoor positioning technology. It is possible to have multiple position sources. In that case positionSource is a list with comma-separated values.
Keys are case-sensitive.
This property was introduced in Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.14.
course : double
Returns the direction in which the device is traveling (read-only).
The direction is measured in degrees starting at due north and continuing clockwise around the compass. Thus, north is 0 degrees, east is 90 degrees, south is 180 degrees, and so on. Course values may not be available on all devices. A negative value indicates that the direction is invalid.
horizontalAccuracy : double
Returns the radius of uncertainty for the location, measured in meters (read-only).
The position identifies the center of the circle, and this value indicates the radius of that circle. A negative value indicates that the position is invalid.
lastKnown : bool
Indicates whether this is an outdated device position retrieved and cached earlier and therefore not guaranteed to represent the current location.
true if it is based on last known update. It is considered to be of last known update once the LocationDisplay::acquiringTimeoutMs has passed without an update.
Setting this to true will render with the LocationDisplay::acquiringSymbol, typically a grayed out location symbol.
[since Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.10] locationType : Enums.LocationType
Returns the LocationType of the location (read-only).
This property was introduced in Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.10.
See also Enums.LocationType.
[since Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.8] timestamp : date
The time this location was observed (read-only).
This property was introduced in Esri.ArcGISRuntime 100.8.
velocity : double
Returns the instantaneous speed of the device in meters-per-second (read-only).
verticalAccuracy : double
The vertical accuracy of the location in meters (read-only).