Get the Code from GitHub
Get hands-on with version 100.7.0 of ArcGIS Runtime SDK for Android by using code samples that illustrate the mapping and GIS capabilities you can add to your own Android applications.
You have some choices for getting started with sample code, described on this page:
Samples in GitHub
Samples for ArcGIS Android SDK are provided in a public, open source, GitHub repo. The repository contains an Android Studio project with multiple sample app modules that you can run from within Android Studio.
With a free GitHub account, you can:
- Fork/clone a local copy of the samples and sync with the remote repository to pick up updates.
- Subscribe to the repo get notified of updates (merges to master) or you can check the repo for updates at your convenience.
- Subscribe to activity at the issue level.
- (Our favorite!) Suggest changes via pull requests and the ArcGIS Android SDK team will merge the changes they like after fully reviewing and testing them.
Run the samples
Follow the developer instructions on GitHub to learn how to run the samples.
New to GitHub?
GitHub is a web-based hosting service for software development projects that uses an open source revision control system called Git. For an introduction to Git and how it compares with other version control systems, see Git basics. To learn how to interact with Git repositories with GitHub and to sign up for a free account, visit github.com.
Samples in the Sample Viewer
Samples on our GitHub repo are regularly pulled into our sample viewer, a stand alone app which:
- Runs all the samples from within a single app.
- Allows searching within the app to find the sample you need.
- Can show the sample's source code.
- Automatically downloads the local data required for all samples which require it.
.apk version of the app can be downloaded from ArcGIS Online, or the app can be downloaded and installed directly from the Google Play Store.
The code samples here
To use the samples on this page (on this SDK website), select a category on the left and click a sample title to view or copy the full sample's code or to view the sample's description.