ArcGIS Maps SDK for .NET offers an open source toolkit with controls and utilities to help simplify your .NET development work. Available components include:
- BasemapGallery: Shows basemaps, either from a Portal or a custom collection; applies the selected basemap to the connected GeoModel.
- Bookmarks: Shows bookmarks, from a map, scene, or a list; navigates the associated MapView/SceneView when a bookmark is selected.
- Compass: Shows a compass direction when the map is rotated. Auto-hides when the map points north up.
- FeatureDataField: Displays and optionally allows editing of a single field attribute of a feature.
- FloorFilter: Shows sites and facilities, and enables toggling the visibility of levels on floor-aware maps and scenes.
- Legend: Displays a legend for a single layer in your map (and optionally for its sub layers).
- MeasureToolbar: Allows measurement of distances and areas on the map view.
- OverviewMap: Displays an interactive inset map for a map or scene.
- ScaleLine: Displays current scale reference.
- SearchView: Enables searching using one or more locators, with support for suggestions, automatic zooming, and custom search sources.
- SymbolDisplay: Renders a symbol in a control.
- TimeSlider: Allows interactively defining a temporal range (i.e. time extent) and animating time moving forward or backward. Can be used to manipulate the time extent in a MapView or SceneView. (UWP, WinUI, and WPF only)
- Utility Network Trace Tool: Enables a utility network trace experience for maps authored with a trace configuration.
For a full list of controls with screenshots, see https://github.com/Esri/arcgis-maps-sdk-dotnet-toolkit/blob/main/docs/controls.md.
Install from NuGet
The fastest way to get the toolkit into your app is to install the toolkit for your target platfrom from NuGet:
Build from source
You can also build the toolkit from source, which allows you to customize it. For details, see Build from source.
Access ArcGIS location services
The default constructors for the BasemapGallery and the SearchView components take advantage of geographically load-balanced ArcGIS location services. You can monitor service usage with API keys or ArcGIS Identities. To use these components with default constructors, you must set an API key or authenticate an ArcGIS user. For more information, see Access services and content with an API key.
Find a bug or want to request a new feature? Please let us know by submitting an issue.