You cannot directly convert custom widgets, themes, and apps from Web AppBuilder to Experience Builder. However, nearly all of the functionality you used in Web AppBuilder is available in Experience Builder, along with additional functionality. If you are familiar with Web AppBuilder and want to get started with Experience Builder, the following sections outline what you need to do.
Identify Web AppBuilder features that are available in Experience Builder
To help you plan your migration, review the functionality matrix for Web AppBuilder and Experience Builder. Experience Builder functionality equivalents are listed for all Web AppBuilder widgets. You can also identify when each widget first became available or will be come available in ArcGIS Enterprise and the developer edition.
Discover Experience Builder and how it's different from Web AppBuilder
Experience Builder offers a higher level of customization than Web AppBuilder. In Experience Builder, an experience is a web app that you build using drag-and-drop functionality to position maps, images, menus, and other widgets and tools on a page.
Experience Builder offers the following capabilities that Web AppBuilder does not:
- Single and multipage apps (mapcentric or not) for display on fixed or scrolling screens
- Support for 2D and 3D content in one app
- Responsive layouts that adapt to display on any device
- Message actions that create interactions between widgets
You can familiarize yourself with the Experience Builder user interface and key features using the following introductory resources:
- Documentation: What is ArcGIS Experience Builder
- ArcGIS Blog: ArcGIS Experience Builder overview and concepts
- Esri Video: Modernize your ArcGIS Web AppBuilder apps using Experience Builder
Get hands-on experience with Experience Builder
Esri offers hundreds of scenario-based tutorials based on real-world data and situations. The following are tutorials for beginner and intermediate users of Experience Builder:
- Try ArcGIS Experience Builder—Learn essential skills for building web apps.
- Get inspired with ArcGIS Experience Builder—Follow a series of short tutorials based on user apps from the Experience Builder gallery.
- Developer edition tutorials—Follow step-by-step tutorials for creating a custom widget and other basic development tasks.
Connect with users and developers
ArcGIS Experience Builder on Esri Community is the best place to ask questions and get answers from users and developers of all experience levels.
Increase your knowledge of Experience Builder
If you are familiar with the basic features of Experience Builder, the following reference materials are helpful for answering specific questions: