(Added at v1.0)
The Layer List widget provides a list of operational layers and their symbols, and allows you to turn individual layers on and off. Each layer in the list has a check box that allows you to control its visibility. Layers with expansion arrows contain sublayers or subtypes.
The order in which layers appear in this widget corresponds to the layer order in the map. This widget provides functionality allowing you to change the order of layers in the map.
Configure the Layer List widget
This widget can be set to open automatically when an app starts. To enable this feature, click the Open this widget automatically when the app starts button on the widget, which turns it dark green.
- Hover over the widget and click the Configure this widget button to open the configuration properties dialog box.
- Optionally click Change widget icon to replace the default icon for this widget.
A file explorer window opens allowing you to browse to a local image file to use as the widget icon.
- Optionally check the Show Legend check box.
When this check box is checked, clicking the expansion arrow next to a layer displays its symbols.
- Optionally check the Expand all layers by default check box.
This expands all group layers by default in your app, allowing them to be shown in the layers list.
- Optionally check the following options to appear on the layer context menu:
- Zoom To
- Enable/Disable Pop-up
- Move up/Move down
- Open Attribute Table
- Description/Show Item Details/Download
- Uncheck layers in the map that you don't want to show on the list.
- Click OK to close this window.
Use the Layer List widget
- Click the Layer List widget in your app to display the layer list or table of contents window.
- If the Show Legend option is checked, click an individual layer to show its symbols.
- Click the down arrow on the right side of a layer to display the layer menu with the following options:
- Zoom To—Sets the map extent to the extent of the layer.
- Transparency—Sets the transparency for the layer.
- Enable Pop-up/Remove Pop-up—Enables or disables the pop-up for the feature layer. If a feature layer does not have a pop-up configured in the map, clicking Enable Pop-up shows all field values for the feature layer.
- Move up—Moves the layer one level up.
This is for end users to re-order the layers in the app. The order of layers will not be persisted.
- Move down—Moves the layer one level down.
This is for end users to re-order the layers in the app. The order of layers is not persisted.
- Open attribute table—Opens the attribute table for the feature layer.
- Description/Show Item Details—Opens the service description or the item details page for the service or the item associated with the layer if available.
- Click the Control all layers button to control the behavior of the layers in the list. You can turn the layers on or off , and expand or collapse the layers. Alternatively, you can use keyboard shortcuts to do the same. Press Ctrl and click the layer check box to turn on or off the layers in the same level. Press Ctrl and click the arrow to expand or collapse layers in the same level.
- Layers in the list are unavailable when zoomed out of their visible ranges.
- Click the close button to close the Layer List window.