The Bookmark widget stores a collection of map view extents (that is, spatial bookmarks) displayed in the app. It also allows you to create and add your spatial bookmarks through configuration or at run time after the app starts. In addition, if there are any existing bookmarks defined in the map, you can use them in the app optionally.
Starting with this September update, end users can't remove preconfigured bookmarks in the app. However, they still can edit bookmarks added by themselves after the app starts.
Configure the Bookmark widget
The Bookmark widget can be set to open automatically when an app starts. To enable this feature, click the dot on the widget, which turns it dark green.
- Hover over the Bookmark widget and click the edit button .
- Optionally, click change widget icon if you want to replace the default icon for this widget.
A file explorer window opens, allowing you to browse to a local image file to use as the widget icon.
- The bookmarks are displayed in the cards view by default. Check the List option if you want to display them in the list view.
- Allow to add bookmarks in the widget enables you to control whether end users can add bookmarks by themselves when the app starts.
- Display bookmarks from the web map enables you to include bookmarks from the map. You can review the bookmarks from the map, if there are any, when the option is checked.
- When Display custom bookmarks is checked, do the following:
- Click Create to add your bookmarks.
- Zoom in to or search your desired place using the map in the window.
- Provide a bookmark name in the text box.
- Click the thumbnail icon.
A file explorer window opens, allowing you to browse to a local image file to use as the bookmark icon.
- Click OK.
- Repeat the previous steps to add additional bookmarks.
- Hover over the bookmark to remove, edit, or reorder it.
- Click OK to close the configuration window.
Use the Bookmark widget
- Click the Bookmark widget to display predefined bookmarks.
- Click one of the bookmark thumbnails to set the map extent to the bookmark area.
- Switch between the cards and list view, if available.
- Add additional bookmarks by zooming to your desired location and clicking the Add button. Notice that the newly added bookmark displays separately from predefined bookmarks.
- Hover over the new bookmark, click the blue text to give it a meaningful name, and click the edit button to upload a thumbnail locally.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add more bookmarks.
- Hover over a new bookmark to remove or reorder it.
Caution:The edit, remove, and reorder operations are not available for the predefined bookmarks.
- Click the close button in the window to close the widget.