(Added at v1.0)
The Bookmark widget stores a collection of map view extents (that is, spatial bookmarks) displayed in the app. It also allows you to create and add your spatial bookmarks through configuration or at run time after the app starts. In addition, if there are any existing bookmarks defined in the map, you can use them in the app optionally.
You can edit bookmarks added by themselves after an app starts. However, you can't remove preconfigured bookmarks in the app.
Configure the Bookmark widget
This widget can be set to open automatically when an app starts. To enable this feature, click the Open this widget automatically when the app starts button on the widget, which turns it dark green.
- Hover over the widget and click the Configure this widget button to open the configuration properties dialog box.
- Optionally click Change widget icon if you want to replace the default icon for this widget.
A file explorer window opens, allowing you to browse to a local image file to use as the widget icon.
- The bookmarks are displayed in the cards view by default. Check the List option if you want to display them in the list view.
If both the Cards view and List view options are checked, the cards view will be set as default. If you want to set the list view as default, hover over the left side of the list view and a Make as default button will appear. If you click the Make as default button, you can set the list view as default.
- Allow to add bookmarks in the widget enables you to control whether end users can add bookmarks by themselves when the app starts.
Save layer visibility enables the end users to save the visibility setting of the operational layers when a bookmark is created.
- Display bookmarks from the web map enables you to include bookmarks from the map. You can review the bookmarks from the map, if there are any, when the option is checked.
- When Display custom bookmarks is checked, do the following:
- Click Create to add your bookmarks.
- Zoom in to or search your desired place using the map in the window.
- Provide a bookmark name in the text box.
- Click the thumbnail icon.
A file explorer window opens, allowing you to browse to a local image file to use as the bookmark icon.
- Optionally check the Save layer visibility box to set the visibility of layers for your bookmark.
When the Save layer visibility box is checked, the list of operational layers appears. You can turn on or off the visibility of each layer by checking or unchecking the box to the left of the layer name.
- Click OK.
- Repeat the previous steps to add additional bookmarks.
- Hover over the bookmark to remove, edit, or reorder it.
- Click OK to close the configuration window.
Use the Bookmark widget
- Click the widget to display predefined bookmarks.
- Click one of the bookmark thumbnails to set the map extent to the bookmark area.
- Switch between the cards view and list view, if available.
- Add additional bookmarks by zooming to your desired location and clicking the Add button.
If the Save layer visibility box is checked at the configuration window, the newly added bookmark will save not only the current map extent but also the layer visibility setting. If a bookmark is saved with the layer visibility setting, a small icon will show at the lower left corner of the thumbnail icon to differentiate it from the bookmarks without layer visibility settings.
Notice that the newly added bookmark displays separately from predefined bookmarks.
The newly added bookmarks are saved in your web browser's cache. They will be removed after you clear your browser cache.
- Hover over the new bookmark, click the blue text to give it a meaningful name, and click the edit button to upload a thumbnail locally.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add more bookmarks.
- Hover over a new bookmark to remove or reorder it.
Caution:The edit, remove, and reorder operations are not available for the predefined bookmarks.
- Click the close button in the window to close the widget.