(Added at v1.0)
The Bookmark widget stores a collection of map view extents (that is, spatial bookmarks) displayed in the app. It also allows you to create and add your spatial bookmarks through configuration or at run time after the app starts. In addition, if there are any existing bookmarks defined in the map, you can use them in the app optionally.
You can edit bookmarks added separately after an app starts. However, you can't remove preconfigured bookmarks in the app.
Configure the Bookmark widget
This widget can be set to open automatically when an app starts. Hover over the widget and click the Do not open this widget when the app starts button to change the setting to Open this widget automatically when the app starts. (For widgets that you need to add to the app first, you can turn on this option after configuring the widget.)
- Hover over the widget and click the Configure this widget button to open the configuration window.
If you need to add the widget to the app first, click a widget placeholder on the Widget tab. In the Choose Widget window that opens, select the widget and click OK.
- Optionally, click the Change widget icon button if you want to replace the default icon for this widget.
A File Explorer window appears, allowing you to browse to a local image file to use as the widget icon.
- The bookmarks are displayed in the cards view by default. Check the List option if you want to display them in the list view.
If both the Cards view and List view options are checked, the cards view will be set as the default. If you want to set the list view as the default, hover over the left side of the list view and the Make as default button appears. If you click the Make as default button, you can set the list view as the default.
Allow to add bookmarks in the widget allows you to control whether end users can add bookmarks separately when the app starts.
Save layer visibility allows end users to save the visibility setting of the operational layers when a bookmark is created.
- Display bookmarks from the web map allows you to include bookmarks from the map. You can review the bookmarks from the map, if there are any, when the option is checked.
- When Display custom bookmarks is checked, do the following:
- Click Create to add your bookmarks.
- Zoom in to or search your desired place using the map in the window.
- Provide a bookmark name in the text box.
- Click the thumbnail icon.
A File Explorer window appears, allowing you to browse to a local image file to use as the bookmark icon.
- Optionally, check the Save layer visibility box to set the visibility of layers for your bookmark.
When the Save layer visibility box is checked, the list of operational layers appears. You can turn on or off the visibility of each layer by checking or unchecking the box to the left of the layer name.
- Click OK.
- Repeat the previous steps to add more bookmarks.
- Hover over the bookmark to remove, edit, or reorder it.
- Click OK to close the configuration window.
Use the Bookmark widget
- Click the widget to display predefined bookmarks.
- Click one of the bookmark thumbnails to set the map extent to the bookmark area.
- Switch between the cards view and list view, if available.
- Add more bookmarks by zooming to your desired location and clicking the Add button.
If the Save layer visibility box is checked at the configuration window, the newly added bookmark will save not only the current map extent but also the layer visibility setting. If a bookmark is saved with the layer visibility setting, a small icon appears in the lower left corner of the thumbnail icon to differentiate it from the bookmarks without layer visibility settings.
Notice that the newly added bookmark displays separately from predefined bookmarks.
The newly added bookmarks are saved in your web browser's cache. They will be removed after you clear your browser cache.
- Hover over the new bookmark, click the blue text to give it a name, and click the edit button to upload a thumbnail locally.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 to add more bookmarks.
- Hover over a new bookmark to remove or reorder it.
Caution:The edit, remove, and reorder operations are not available for the predefined bookmarks.
- Click the close button in the window to close the widget.