The app you created with ArcGIS Web AppBuilder can be downloaded and hosted on your web server. Any app that is downloaded must be registered with ArcGIS Online or ArcGIS Enterprise if the app references nonpublic items.
Regardless of where you deploy the app, it still needs access to the web map.
Download the app
To download the app, on the home page, click the download button on the app. A ZIP file bearing the app's name is created and downloaded to your local drive and is located in the download directory defined for your browser.
Deploy the app
To deploy the app on your web server, complete the following steps:
- Unzip the downloaded app.
- Deploy it on your web server.
- Browse to the directory of the app and open the app config.json file.
- Add a proxy to the proxy property in the app config.json file. See Use proxy for details.
- Add and register the app. See Add apps and Register your app for details.
- Copy and paste the AppID to the appId property in the app config.json file. Save the file.
The app is now available by browsing to https://<your server>/<app name>/.
It is strongly recommended using AppID to take advantage of the platform authentication with OAuth and SAML when deploying your app. Otherwise, you must set the proxy in the config file to make the app work.
Do the following to customize the app:
- Configure the app and widgets. See JSON reference for more information.
Configure the app for group access
If your app consumes a non-public web map shared with groups, and the members of the groups are from different ArcGIS Online organizations, do the following to allow all group members to access the web app:
- Open the app's config.json file and locate the portalUrl property.
- Replace the organizational URL with www.arcgis.com.
- Locate the map property. If it contains the portalUrl subproperty, repeat step 2.
For a list of browsers supported by your deployed 2D and 3D apps, see Requirements and supported browsers.
If nothing loads in the app when it opens, you may need to add .arcgis.com to the trusted sites in your browser's settings.