The Grid Overlay widget allows you to quickly render a U.S. Military Grid Reference System (MGRS) grid using client-side resources in a web application. MGRS is an alpha-numeric system, based upon the Universal Transverse Mercator (UTM) and Universal Polar Stereographic map projections, for identifying positions. An MGRS coordinate consists of a zone designation, alphabetic 100,000-meter grid square designator, and numeric coordinates within the 100,000-meter grid square. The widget allows an application to display MRGS grid dynamically at different index levels inside the application based on the scale of the map display.
Configuring the Grid Overlay widget
The Grid Overlay widget can be set to open automatically when the app starts. To do so, click the dot on the widget to turn it dark green.
- Hover over the widget and click the small edit icon .
The configuration window for the widget appears.
- Optionally click the change widget icon button and replace it with your own image.
A file explorer window appears, allowing you to select a local image file to use as the widget icon.
- Set the spacing, opacity and label placement using the options below.
- Choose the colors, font size, and line widget that the grid uses at each unique index scale.
Using the Grid Overlay widget
- Click the Grid Overlay widget icon to toggle the MGRS grid on or off.