The Time Slider widget enables you to view temporal layers in a map, and play the animation to see how the data changes over time. Using this widget, you can control the animation of the data with buttons to play and pause, go to the previous time period, and go to the next time period.
Configure the Time Slider widget
The Time Slider widget can be set to open automatically when an app starts. To enable this feature, click the dot on the widget, which turns it dark green.
- Click the edit button to open the configuration window.
- Optionally check the box to display the temporal layer names on the widget.
- Choose a display format from the Date and time format drop-down menu.
The default is the format defined in the map.
- Click OK to save the configuration and close the window.
Use the Time Slider widget
- In a map with time-aware layers, click the Time Slider widget icon on the map to open the widget panel . If you map does not contain time-aware layers, the Time Slider widget will not open.
If the time animation of a layer is disabled in the web map, the widget will ignore the layer.
- Drag the widget on the map as desired.
- Click the Play/Pause button to begin animation or pause the animation.
- Click the Previous/Next button to go back to the previous data interval or advance to the next data interval.
- Move the pointer over the speed menu to adjust the playback speed.
- Click the X in the panel to close the Time Slider widget.